05. birthday party.

"Sweetie?" Jacques quietly opened the door to her room, where Vanessa was buried underneath her thick sheet and one leg hanging over the edge. If she wouldn't have had her face pressed against the pillow, he would've thought she was still sleeping. "Happy birthday."

"I'm too tired to be happy." She muttered before turning to her back and propping herself up by using her elbows. "Sup."

"Do you want me to sing you happy birthday?" Jacques asked while he sat down on the edge of her bed, a knowing smirk on his face.

"Please don't. Your singing voice is absolutely awful." She quickly shook her head and waved him off. He chuckled and kissed her forehead instead of singing.

"I made you your breakfast, which is pretty given since it's your birthday." He said choppily, looking up with a funny face. She laughed and examined him quickly.

"Thanks anyway." She leaned forward instead and folded her arms together against her kneecaps. He noticed her absent look and placed a hand on her back, frowning at her.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, just not too enthusiastic about this birthday. Don't know why." She shrugged and looked at him with an assuring smile.

"Let's just eat breakfast for now and then we can watch some Friends to cheer you up." He suggested, making her look down with a grin.

"That sounds great." She nodded.

Vanessa and her dad made their way down to the kitchen where he had prepared everything. She poured some juice into her glass and licked her lips once she saw the waffles in front of her. They ate most of the time in silence, though every now and then something popped up in their heads that they shared with each other. Once they were done eating, Vanessa cleaned the table and then hurried over to the living room.

Jacques shook his head at her before he walked to the front door as someone knocked on it. Vanessa, frowning, leaned her head forward to try and see who it was. She didn't have to wait long considering little Scott approached her with a muffin in his hand.

"Happy birthday!" He exclaimed happily, placing himself beside her. Vanessa giggled, accepted the muffin and kissed his cheek.

"Thank you, cus. Now did you or your mom bake this, hm?" She smirked, raising one of her eyebrows knowingly. Scott tried to convince her that he had baked it, but he was a horrible liar. Jacques joined them and put the show on from season two.

"You're getting so old." Scott commented as Vanessa tried to split the muffin in a half, knowing Scott most likely wanted some of it too.

"Yeah, I'm fifteen now, so old." She whispered and handed him his piece.

"Really old." He teased, trying to swat her hands away when she ruffled his dark hair. "Just kidding, you're not old."

"If anyone's old, it's your uncle Jake." She snorted, earning an elbow nudge from her dad.

"How old are you, uncle Jake?" Scott asked and leaned his head to look at him.

"Uh... I'm only thirty seven." He answered quietly.

"See? He's the old one."

"You're both old." Scott concluded proudly and devoured his part of the muffin.

"We're both old." Vanessa repeated as she looked at her dad. He snorted with a stupid smile on his face and then turned his focus to the TV. She wrapped an arm around Scott and sunk down on the couch, feeling too lazy to do anything. Thankfully Scott saved his energy for later when the rest were to come.

old connections || teen wolf, derek/oc.On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara