Chapter 16

Chia-jung's POV

I walked out of the room to come face to face with Tenzin.

Fuck...

"Wait you got Tenzin?" I may have spoke a bit louder than I planned.

"Well who else to make sure you make it back safely than the person you'd be going back to." She smirked and it pissed me off a bit.

"Can I talk to Kali before we leave?" I asked as I caught sight of her leaving a room of her own.

"No. I don't need anyone staying in my home hanging a round villains and crooks." Tenzin tried to protest, but I pushed past him and ran over to Kali who was now sitting alone.

"Hey." I said softly as I sat down.

"Sorry I drug you into this mess. If I had known the place was under watch I wouldn't have brought you." She spoke in a whisper.

"Its fine I could have said no. But I wanted to go and I risked it." I felt the need to hug her so I did. "Don't blame yourself I had fun."

"Really?" She looked back over to me like she was surprised. "You enjoyed being arrested?"

"Well that wasn't my favorite part. I did enjoy watching you fight; I'd say that was probably my favorite part. Well so far tonight that is. Who knows what else will happen tonight."

I looked over to see Tenzin looking pissed off that I ignored him and that Lin was stopping him from chasing after.

"High chance is its not going to change. I'm heading back to air temple island with Air master Tenzin." I pointed over to him and she just nodded.

"Well we wouldn't want it to go down hill now would we?" She drew my attention back over to her and she was smiling like she was planning on doing something she wasn't exactly confident about. "What do you say?"

"Well down hill isn't exactly great..." I shrugged my shoulders.

"I was hoping you'd say that." Before my mind fully processed what happened I felt her lips press against mine. Just as I realized what happened she quickly pulled away.

"Kali! What in the spirits did you do?"  A woman yelled as she followed a sharp dressed man that Kali kinda resembled.

"We were just in the wrong place at the wrong time mom. We were with some boys and they challenged me and dad told me I have to defend the family name at all cost. And they were challenging it." She quickly began to explain her mother looked pissed but the man remained calm.

"You told her that!?" Her mother hit her father's arm and he started to softly chuckle.

"From what we were told was that you did. But it turned out to be an undercover officer."

"You think this is a joke!?" The woman yelled again. "You know what grab you stuff we will finish this at home!" She quickly turned around and began to leave.

"You were actually apart of the fighting ring weren't you?" Her father placed his hand on her shoulder and leaned closer to her.

"If you have to ask you know the answer dad." She smirked before turning back to me. "Oh this is Chia-jung I met her the other day. She is new to Republic city."

"And you are already showing her the fighting rink?"

"She's not a bender and she said she could fight but that's not why I brought her along." She was hinting something to her father and I don't know if he caught it but I know I didn't.