Chapter 28

Screams filled my ears as the others were affected at Tysons demise. I was inconcerned with anything that was not the glorious fire that was surrounding me. The flames crackled and sparkled brightly as it was fueled by the screams and anguish that were written on every face. I felt above the others and a volcano opened up under me and graced the sky with its firey lava, pushing me up with it. I felt like a fire-bird, a mythical pheonix, a legend.

"Ginger!" Iris screamed, for my fire had burned away from me and now snaked in webs away and wrapped around trees and scortched the ground. 

"CECELIA GET OUT OF THERE!" a man yelled, running onto the scene. This upset me, who was he to tell my friend what to do? My anger flared and the fire burst up, reaching upwards to the heavens. 

"Calm down baby!" Tyler yelled and his scared tone pulled at my heartstrings. Why was he scared? Was he afraid of me? This caused a molten tear to scrape down my face and fizzle out against the night air. He was afraid of me. ME! This saddened me and made the fire grow to exponential hights. It seemed to be angered that I was crying. It flared and as I heard Melinas scream wrench the air I felt in complete and utter despair. This fire was going to kill my friends.

"Don't let it control you Ging!" Luke ordered. His Alpha command surged through me and gave me strength, I tried to pullthe fire back in but it was resiliant. It burned brighter and wanted to share itself with everyone, I couldn't let that happen and I pulled it back with my mind, ordering it back into me. It hissed and popped and pulled away, burning brighter. 

"I cant hold it!" I screamed. Tears flowed down my face and sweat fizzled off of me with the shear effort of trying to control this fire. 

"Alice no!" I heard Iris and Melina scream. I opened my eyes to see little Alice separate herself from the crowd and look up at me with her yellow eyes. Yellow eyes?! Her eyes had always been brown.

"Stop it Ginger!" She yelled up at me.

"I cant Alice! You need to go! Get out of here! Itll hurt you!" I sobbed though I knew that she wouldnt. 

"No." She stated defiantly. "Ill ask you again, control yourself!" She yelled up at me. 

"I TOLD YOU I CANT!" I screamed yet again. The fire had almost set the entire forest alight. Iris ran up to Alice and tried to pull her back but Alice wouldnt budge.

"Then I will have to." She stated. She threw her hands into the air and her head back. A whirlwind wipped around her, tearing at her clothes and scattering my flames. The whole crowd watching gasped and Alice opened her eyes and they glowed a bright yellow, brighter than they were before, they seemed to glow. 

"What are you doing?" I asked her.

"This." She said and the wind enveloped me and sucked the air from around me, choking me and taking away my fires life source. Her wind pressed me to the ground and forced me on my back, I couldnt move. The flames left me and my molten skin reverted back to its regular naked flesh and I felt cold. I saw Tysons corpse against the wall and my strangled cry was stolen from me by the wind and so were my tears and for the first time in a long time I felt cold.