Chapter 12

Cecilia's Point of View

Where is Iris?!" My mother barked, when dinner was not served. I quickly got up from my chair at the dinner table and opened her closet. Her nest of blankets was bare. I started to panic, she had never gone missing before.

'Iris!' I yelled out to her but I got no reply.

"She isn't in her room mother." I replied. My father banged his fist on the table and my mother looked down right pissed off.

"That no good swine, running off as if she deserved a break!" she screeched into the air. My wolf whimpered, we both knew the beating Iris would receive when and if they found her.

"Send for the others to go look for her," My father directed my brother John. He smiled ruthlessly before getting up from the table and bolting through the door. We all knew that someone other than John, my mother, my father, or my sister Ashley had to find Iris. I snuck out the front door, following Johns harsh scent. I turned the a corner and followed him to Tyler's house. Why was he visiting Tyler? Tyler was a assassin, he was very tall, taller than even my father, the Alpha. He was thin, but very masculine. He was shirtless talking to John while chopping wood, as he swung the axe over his head and brought it down, deftly severing the log, his muscles rippled. He pulled a rag from his back pocket and wiped off his sweaty face. Flipping back his black shaggy hair, I saw that he had eyes to match they were pitch black. He had muscles, he looked so ripped that he could lift a hippo and still be able to hold more. I could see his mouth moving, perfect lips parting over sparkling white teeth, but I could not hear what he was saying, nor what my brother was. I inched closer, with bated breath I took a step, and then another.

"Sounds like she ran away, find yourself another slave and leave this girl alone. Why did you come all the way out here anyway? Are you planning on killing a run away?" He smirked and turned his back on John, lifting the axe over his head again.

"She left the pack without permission, are you going to take the job or not?" John said. The axe fell on the log with a thud and it cleanly cut the log in two.

"Ill take it, but I wont say I like it. It seems like a waste to kill a run away." Tyler replied. My wolf howled inside me, he was going to kill Iris. I couldn't let that happen.

"Where is she? Do you know?" Tyler asked.

"I had someone follow her scent, she is with the Broken Arrow pack a few miles over the stream." John replied. I filled with rage, how could you turn on your own sister? How could you send some one to kill her?

"When will I terminate the target?" Tyler was trying to distance himself from the fact that he would be killing a human being soon. I suppressed a growl.

"My father has been planning an attack on the Broken Arrow pack for some time now. They have something that they could use to terminate us, and he feels that they are encroaching on our land and he wants to wipe them out first and permanently. We just need you to get rid of her before the battle starts." John replied smoothly.

"Why do you want a small slave out of the way? And a female one at that. She will most likely get terminated in the cross-hairs of the fight. Whats so special about her?" Tyler had turned around and was now looking at John suspiciously.

"It is not your place to ask questions. Are you in." John growled aggressively at Tyler, whose eyes became a shade darker and his muscles tensed, preparing for a fight.

"I am in," he whispered. And with that my sisters fate was sealed.

'Warn her.' My wolf whispered to me. I knew the punishment if I did, but I couldn't just leave Iris. I got up and snuck away from where I was hidden. I entered the house and peered into the kitchen. My father had a map of our region spread out across the table and there were around thirty adult male wolves grouped around him.