Chapter 13

Iris' Point of View

As people started poring into the meeting room, I found myself at a loss for how I would explain the situation. Cecilia came into the room, smelling of honeysuckle and musk, I shot her a look and she blushed.

"I found my mate upstairs, his name is Byron, he went to find Luke. Everyone I could find is either in this room or went to report to Luke." She said, the blush still fresh on her cheeks. Melina and Ginger came rocketing into the room with a little girl in tow.

"Who is this?" I asked them, for I thought everyone was already here. I looked at the thin girl with mousy brown hair that was a bit frizzy, she looked up at me with her huge, brown, round eyes.

"I am Alice, I'm Luke's younger sister, he told me to stay close to you. I haven't shifted yet so I do not stand a chance against an angry hoard of sweaty werewolves." Her small airy voice floated around me, she said all of this with an air of nonchalance, as if there weren't an angry hoard of sweaty werewolves about to bust through the door and kill us all.

"Luke's younger sister?" I asked and she nodded. "In that case do stay close to me, little one." As the words 'little one' fell from my lips a panicked look crossed her face, she turned and ran from us.

"ALICE!" I screamed after her, her small body weaving through the crowd easily. "COME BACK!" I screeched. She stopped and turned towards me, I could barely see her face in the crowd.

"Is that an order?" She yelled back defiantly, all of her airiness gone.

"No, it is not" I yelled. She turned and ran into the crowd. She turned the corner and I could not see her anymore.