Chapter 6

Iris Point of View

I woke up to that intoxicating smell of the same chocolate I smelled in the woods. I sniffed the air for a bit before opening my eyes to a room I had never been in before. I looked around, I was in a large red room with black and white accents. I looked down at myself to see that I was lying in a bed with red silk sheets, an actual bed! I saw that I was dressed a green tank top, socks, and a pair of black boxers. I didn't remember dressing myself nor did I remember how I had gotten into this room, I sat up and a blinding pain rushed from my shoulders and down my back, then it all came flooding back.

"Luke." I felt myself whisper as I remembered the black wolf and the boy who brought me here. I was greeted by sleepy grunts over the side of my bed. My wolf whispered that everything was fine but I didn't believe her, I had long since learned to ignore her pleading voice. I edged over to the side of the bed, trying not to jostle my wounded shoulder. I peered over the edge and saw a male figure there sleeping, as though he were guarding me. Who was this man and why was he blocking my passage to the door? I desperately looked around for a weapon of some kind. I spotted a glint on the desk, I gingerly got up and slid around the figure on the floor. I walked as smoothly and quietly as I could over and there lay a old fashioned letter opener. I grasped it in my hand as a warrior would a dagger and slouched over to where he was curled up on the ground. I crouched, ready to spring, I calculated the distance between him and I. I waited, listening for him to wake up, and sprang. He woke with a start and knocked the letter opener from my grasp without touching me. I landed next to him and clawed at his neck, growling. He grabbed my outstretched arm and curled my claws back into a fist and my growling turned into a low moan, electricity shot throughout my body, warming from the tips of my fingers to my toes. He threw his arms around me and pulled me onto his lap. Panting, I tried to find the desire in me to want to move. My wolf was howling with joy, I didn't understand, all I knew was that I had to escape to think. I had to get away. There was too much feeling radiating through my empty shell of a body. I had never felt this feeling before, I was warm for the first time in my life. I felt love.