Chapter 9

"Melina, I look.... I...I..." I stuttered, looking in the mirror at myself. Melina had cut and styled my long black hair into a shoulder length masterpiece. My hair was curly but not frizzy and the ends flipped outwards framing my face and making my eyes pop. I was still getting used to the side bangs but I looked beautiful. She applied light make up around my eyes to make them less sallow and put this sticky clear stuff on my lips to make them shine. She cut, cleaned, and polished my nails before she did something called a french tip to both my fingers and toes. My legs were long, hairless, and shiny; she had let me borrow another tank top, this one was green also, but it fit me better and had black lace outlining the top and bottom. My legs were sheathed in a black skirt and Melina had strapped my feet into shiny black ballet flats. I stood up from the counter and she walked me into her room again from her bathroom and sat me down on the bed. She walked over to her desk and opened her jewelry box. From inside she extracted a necklace, it was a simple silver chain but the center was a diamond encrusted silver arrow that seemed to be split in half.

"Since you are a park of the Broken Arrow pack now, I think you should wear our insignia, it will keep you safe. No one in our pack would dare hurt anyone wearing a Broken Arrow insignia. Let alone the Luna of the pack." Melina said as she clasped the necklace around my throat. The arrow came to rest above my heart. I heard knocking on the door.

"Melina! Iris is in there with you right? I came out of the shower and couldn't find her! I even ran the woods before I thought about following her scent. Please tell me she is with you!" Luke panicked through the door. Melina laughed but sauntered over to open the door. Luke practically fell through the door, but as he straightened up I saw his jaw drop. His eyes scanned from my head to my toes. I heard his breath catch in his throat and heard his pulse race faster. I laughed at his expression and as the laugh escaped my lips he seemed to decide that I was real. He crossed the room in two steps before taking my face between his hands and kissing with such a fierce intensity that when we broke apart my head was spinning and I thought my lips were bruised.

"Finally I get to do that," he said in a low husky whisper. I leaned forward and kissed him very softly and tenderly.

"I'm glad you did, just a bit softer next time." My wolf was howling a growling and wagging her tail. She was so happy she flipped in the air a few times.

'He's our one, don't let him get away.' She whispered to me, and as he grabbed my hand to help me up to go to Ginger's, our eyes locked. I looked into his ice like blue eyes I knew I wouldn't.

'Theres no way in hell he is leaving me now' I thought back to her and he smiled.

"Never," he whispered. And we both saw in the other our future, our forever.