Chapter Twenty Six

Hey guys! I haven't been able to upload because I just started my second last term of school and I am having homework and assignments thrown at me from left, right and centre! It's not fun, but I am trying to multitask; homework, assignments, socialising, and writing! Fingers crossed I don't get them jumbled, that would be awkward O.O

Anyway, things are starting to be pieced together now, so please stay tuned because this book is about 8 chapters from being finished, epilogue and all!

Authors note at the end about updates, so please read :)

Love you all,
Libby xx

I had been two days since Gail had sprinted away from Jackson in a rush of tears and pain; and ever since, Jackson was broken. He wasn't eating, he was having nightmares about Gail abandoning him forever; he wasn't focusing on anything besides the job. The wolf spy, Jackson O'Hara, was breaking down.

But Jack had orders; become the security guard who monitors the cameras, so they could free the future Queen.

So he had to bury his heartache. He shoved down the feeling of loss, anger and the large load of guilt. Jackson forced down the bile of his tears and kept his focus on the job. He had to.

He had to.

Even though Gail had fled, it was Jackson's job to make sure that Central Park Zoo was to be rid of the terrible humans who had trapped his Prince's mate. Even if she had completely pushed him aside for being who he was, Jackson's heart wouldn't allow Gail to be pushed away from him for her stubbornness.

Jackson, for the following two days, didn't bother to keep up his appearance. His focus was on being a good guard, and protecting the Silver wolf. His dark blonde hair was greasy, dishevelled, and it was starting to gain a natural perfume. His face was dirtier, and the natural perfume was starting to be noticed by the human guards.

But Jackson didn't care. He had to give 100% to the job, so he got the promotion.

He had to.

It was after the Zoo had closed, the only people in the famous zoo were the cleaners, some keepers, and a lot of guards. Jackson had seen Bella doing the last tour by herself today, and his heart jolted at the realisation that Gail wasn't there again today. He, life yesterday, bottled his emotion for when he could unleash the tears without affecting the job.

He was standing by the main gate when he received a message via the Park communications.

"O'Hara, Stevenson and Knight, please report to Mr Fallow's office."

Jackson frowned, grabbing the remote and holding down the communications transfer button.
"Are there people covering us? We're all on a shift." Jackson asked, his voice stale from lack of emotion, but his eyes never left the designated area he was told to guard.

"You won't be gone long, so the other guards will temporarily take your position until you return."

Jackson frowned at the order, but nonetheless, left to the office. Walking past the reptilian enclosures, he was accompanied by Heath Stevenson. Stevenson was the wolf assigned to the human security guard who loved to go to the clubs. Heath was a natural flirt, and his wolf looks allowed them to connect, which lead to him getting hired as a guard.

"What do you think it's about?" Stevenson asked, his stern persona drilling Jackson into answering.

"I don't know, but we shall find out soon." Jackson replied, his voice rid of any sign of humanity.