Chapter Ten

Sorry for the long wait everyone, but this one is worth it! :D

Libby xx

Delilah placed the steaks underneath the enclosure door, careful not to put her hand in too much. Her knees cracked as she stood up, and stiffly looked towards the veterinarian.

"She has never had a check-up," Delilah explained. "Due to her wild and aggressive nature."

The vet nodded. "I understand." He said. "How long do you want her out for?"

Delilah sighed, looking into the shrubbery. "5-6 hours if you can. We need to check her claws, teeth, coat, fertility, sight, if she has diseases, ticks, everything."

The vet nodded, before opening the briefcase he had brought. Undoing the latches, he revealed to Delilah an array of needles, each one ending with a coloured tassel. Removing the foam packaging surrounding the needles, putting it to the side of the case, he started to build up the tranquiliser gun.

"I'll need three shots if you want her out for an entire 6 hours. I'll inject one into the steak, and I'll shoot her twice." The vet said, and Delilah listened carefully. They had never caught Willow before, she was too fast. The truth was, no one wanted to. They were scared of her, but she was a million dollar attraction at the Zoo.

The vet loaded the gun with one of the needles with a dark red tassel, before grabbing another two. Each needle knocked an animal out for two hours, so she would be knocked out for around an hour, due to her size. The vet himself was surprised at her height and weight when he watched her walking around the enclosure.

The vet injected the steak with one of the needles, the clear liquid disappearing from the syringe. He then moved to a knelt position, and aimed through the enclosure.

Silver spotted the veterinarian crouching, aiming into her lair. She growled threateningly at his presence, making the vet stiffen.

"What colour is her fur?" He asked Delilah, his voice calm and collected. Silver frowned as she realised that her probably heard growls all the time from other untamed animals.

"It's silver." Delilah said, gazing into the plants. "Quite remarkable actually."

The vet frowned, looking out of the scope. "Silver? I've never seen that coat before."

Rustling within the enclosure drew the vet's attention back to the trees. He aimed once again, spotting a flash of silver. Taking a deep breath, he focused. He spun the gun slowly, scanning the shrubbery. The different shades of green blended together as he tried to spot the silver coat he was looking for.

He paused, instinct crying out to him. He looked back the other way, spotting a silver leg.

Without hesitation, he fired.

Silver snarled as her leg burned, the foreign chemical entering her bloodstream. She charged out, seeking vengeance, but as soon as she leapt out of the bushes, it happened again. Her shoulder screamed as the poison chemical entered her blood stream again. She collapsed onto the ground, glaring beyond the cage, to the man kneeling on the other side. He lowered the gun, watching the panting wolf. He was hypnotised by her magnetic blue eyes, which beckoned his look to her silver coat. Her entire body glittered in the lights like he had never seen before.

She truly was something else.

The vet watched carefully as she became drowsy, her legs finally stopped twitching. "Take her now; just don't go near her claws or teeth." The vet ordered. Delilah immediately snapped her fingers, and Bobby Beckett and his friends moved to get her. They entered the enclosure, a faint growl came from Silver, but they paid no attention to her. Bobby took her front legs, while another person took her back. Hauling her up, she was placed on a mat. However, she was so large, her legs, head and tail were hanging over the edge.