Chapter Twelve

Hey there :D Did you know you're amazing? No? Well know you do. It's because of you and so many people that, want to guess?
Nope. No. Close!
Yep, I have 1.5k reads on this book your reading. If we weren't pixelated profiles, i would hug you. And give you chocolate and flowers (if you don't like them, give them to someone else :) )

I hope everyone had a good holidays! I start school next week -__- Anyway, here's Chap 12, hope you like it! Things start to get juicy soon, so please stay on!
And also, let me know if you like it. Comment please! Love feedback.

Libby xx
P.S. You're still amazing :P

It was almost midnight, and Silver was still awake. She never slept most nights, but she couldn't sleep now. She paced the enclosure, desperation filling into her soul. There was nothing to see except the glimmer of her fur against the human lights as she moved back and forth. There was no smell, besides the disgusting smell of the enclosure and Silver's scent. There was nothing to taste, for her 'food' had already evaporated into her stomach. However, it was the sound that made Silver squirm.

The sound of a wolf howling.

But this was no ordinary wolf. The howl hummed, making her heart swell and thump rapidly. It rang in her ears, her blood pumping at the sound. This was no normal wolf.

Elliot... She thought. He must have come when I communicated with him.

When the howl stopped, Silver released a breath she didn't know she was holding. Her blood was swarming around her body, as though it were reaching out to her mate. Her blue eyes dimmed with sadness, as she longed to touch him.

She walked up to the bars separating her from the visitors, looking out, as though she expected to see her beautiful mate. Slowly sweeping her tail back and forth, she outstretched her neck.

When she heard his howl again, it crippled her to hear what he was feeling; pain, loneliness, desperation, and longing.

Silver couldn't help but howl back. Her howl ripped through the ears of the security guards patrolling, but at the moment, she was focused on the pain of her mate. Silver was losing her patience, as she thrashed about in her enclosure. Snarling, she once again paced the length of her prison, praying to any deity she could think of that she could actually introduce herself to her mate without the naked eyes of the humans.

On the other side of the security camera, Walter Cregan, one of the security guards, watched the silver she-wolf pacing. Frowning, he zoomed in closer on the wild animal. Everyone at the Zoo knew that Willow was not a normal wolf, but they still treated her as one.

He watched her movements, her posture, and even the way she held herself, and he smiled slightly. He knew about wolves, they were one of his favourite animals, but this specific wolf was the reason he loved them so much.

They were powerful, but they had emotion. They protected one another, were loyal, but still showed mercy to some of their victims. Even though they were huge creatures, their mean façade coated the beauty that they had.

Walter smiled, before another guard entered the security room.

"Hey Mr Cregan, you're shift has ended." The other guard said, entering the room.

"Ah." Walter said, getting out of his chair. He heard his back crack at the stiff posture, but he smiled through it. "In that case I'm off to the pub."

"Are you sure you're old body will take it?" The other guard joked, making Walter laugh.
"At least I'll die having a darn good drink." Walter said, and walked out of the security room, leaving the other guard inside to watch over the animals.

He landed heavily on the bar seat, ordering a strong beer. When it arrived, his wrinkles collected together as he smiled.

"Same as him thanks." A man next to him ordered, sitting down as well. Walter looked over at the man, noting his strong build and rough features.

"Good choice." Walter said, taking another whisk of his beer.

The man smirked. "You too."

The barwoman came back with the man's drink, and leant over, revealing her cleavage.

"Anything else?" She asked huskily. The man visibly cringed at the display, looking away from her.

"No." He replied sternly. The barwoman looked shocked before she nodded, walking away. Walter looked at the man, raising an eyebrow.

"That is the most gorgeous woman at this bar, and you just turned her down flat." Walter said, looking sternly at the man. The man raised his eyebrow as well, before turning and looking at the other women in the bar. His eyes landed on one sitting by herself. Her dark brown hair cascaded over her face, her brown eyes looking solemnly at the untouched drink in her hand.

"I think she is." The man said, smiling slightly at her looks. Before he could admire her more, Walter laughed, making him turn his attention to him. "What?"

"Nothing, lad. You picked the right answer." Walter said, smiling at the young lad.

The lad smirked, drinking down his beer before turning to the old man. "The right answer?" The lad thought back to the lessons that Bella taught him. They will test you, most likely about women, football or your skills as a guard. Make sure you reply with the right answer or you're buggered.

"You unemployed?" Walter asked, putting his beer down.

"Yeah, why?" He asked, watching the human closely.

"You want a job?"

"What makes you think I'm qualified?"

"You aren't distracted. You're aware of what's happening around you, and don't let looks deceive you." Walter explained.

"You don't even know my name and you're offering me a job?" The man asked, looking quite shocked.

"What's your name then lad?" Walter asked.

"Jackson O'Hara." He said, extending a hand. Walter smiled, shaking it.

"Walter Cregan." He introduced. "You're boss."

Jackson smiled, before placing some notes on the bar counter. "Where am I working?" He asked.

"Central Park Zoo, Security division. You'll replace me eventually." Walter explained. Jackson's jaw dropped.

"Thanks Walter." He said, slightly shocked. He quickly wrote down his number for him, and handed it to the old man. Walter nodded his head, as Jackson left the bar. Walking towards the exit, he looked back at the lonely brunette at the table. Acting on instinct, he walked towards her, but suddenly stopped. He quickly walked back to the bar and bought another beer and another drink she had.

Walter only laughed at Jackson. "Still have good taste."

Jackson chuckled as he collected the drinks and walked over to the seated brunette. He placed her drink in front of her, and sat down in the opposite seat.

The brunette looked up alarmed. "Oh uh, If you want me to leave –"

"No, I was actually hoping I could join you." Jackson said, interrupting the beauty. She looked shocked, before blushing ferociously. It was then, Jackson realised, why he was so attracted to her.

Mate. His wolf whispered, watching her carefully.

"What's your name?" Jackson asked, breathless. She looked up at him, her eyes watching him carefully.

"Abigail, but I prefer Gail." She said quietly.

"I'm Jackson, but you can call me Jack." He says smiling. Abigail... He thought. I finally found you.

And I just realised how short that is. Sorry! Will start my weekly updates now, or every few days if I write loads.
Libby xx