RECURRENCE

2 DAYS LATER
Emily's POV
Beating the morning sun up for my daily routine I quickly throw on some running clothes.
I then take out my phone to text Alison.
To-Daisy 🌸: Good Morning beautiful, im sorry about the other night...going out for a run but I'll talk to you when you wake up.
I smile to myself before pressing send and rushing out the door.
During my run I see someone running towards me.
Once the person gets closer I see exactly who it is but I continue to run.
Suddenly that same person runs back over to me and taps my shoulder.
-HEY BABY Lauren smiles once I remove my earphones.
She tries to lean in for a kiss but I quickly pull back.
-WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE? I ask her.
-I LIVE HERE JUST LIKE YOU, EMILY she chuckles.
-YEAH BUT YOU NEVER COME BACK FOR THE SUMMER I quip. ALL OF A SUDDEN YOU COME BACK WHEN YOU KNOW THAT IM HERE? I ask.
-DON'T GET ALL PARANOID Lauren says. IM NOT FOLLOWING YOU.
-HMM I hum before trying to run off again but she grabs my arm.
-OKAY, MAYBE I JUST WANTED TO SEE YOU Lauren says draping her arms around my neck. I MISS US she adds.
-YOU SAW ME ON CAMPUS ALL SEMESTER I respond. AND AGAIN, WHERE IS CAMILA? WHY DO YOU KEEP BOTHERING ME WHEN YOU HAVE A GIRLFRIEND? I ask her.
-CAMILA ISN'T YOU she coos before pecking my lips.
The kiss soon grows hotter by the second, leading us over to her car.
Now lying in the back seat of her Honda I gently caress her left breast without breaking the kiss.
Feeling Lauren's hard nipple poking through her shirt I notice that she isn't wearing a bra.
Surprisingly I didn't notice it when she was running towards me.
I lift her shirt just enough to expose both of her erect nipples before kissing and sucking on both of them.
A moan escapes Lauren's mouth as she slowly strokes up and down my manhood.
-I NEED TO FEEL YOU, EM Lauren whispers in my ear making me quickly pull away.
-THIS WAS A MISTAKE I say. IM WITH ALISON, I LOVE ALISON I add while fixing myself up and exiting her car.
-SHE DOESN'T HAVE TO KNOW EMILY! Lauren yells as I walk away.
...
Now back home I pace back and forth in the kitchen as I get ready to call Alison.
How am I gonna tell Alison?
Stop being a bitch and just tell her, Emily.
I pick up my phone and dial out to her, awaiting an answer.
__________________________
Alison's POV
-WAKEY WAKEY BITCH my sister CeCe says waking me up by snatching open my drapes.
-WHAT? I groan as the burning sun hits my face.
-GET UP she demands.
-I DON'T FEEL GOOD I tell her.
-WHAT'S WRONG? CeCe questions.
-I THINK THE LEUKEMIA'S COMING BACK I lowly say. I GOT SICK THIS MORNING AND MY BODY WAS REALLY COLD I add.
~Flashback~
In deep slumber I quickly jump out of bed running to the bathroom after feeling a tugging feeling in my stomach.
As I crouch over the toilet I place my hands on both sides of it while puking.
After finishing up and brushing my teeth to get rid of the throw up taste in my mouth I walk back into my room.
I look at the clock seeing that it's only 4:00a.
Walking back over to my bed I start to feel really cold.
I check my windows to make sure they're shut.
Once I see that they're actually closed I lie back in bed thinking of the worse.
~End Of Flashback~
-YOU NEED ME TO TAKE YOU TO THE DOCTORS? My sister asks me.
-NO I quip. ME AND HANNA ARE GOING LATER I state.
-OKAY, WELL LET ME KNOW WHAT THEY SAY she tells me. AND WHEN ARE YOU GONNA TELL MOM AND DAD ABOUT YOUR HOT ASS GIRLFRIEND?
-CECE COULD YOU KEEP IT DOWN PLEASE? I scold at her. IM GONNA TELL THEM, ALRIGHT?
-WHATEVER YOU SAY CeCe laughs as she leaves my room.
After replying back to Emily's good morning text I head to the hospital with Hanna.
-HANNA GET OUT OF THAT I whisper at her as she goes through the doctors drawers and cabinets.
-IM JUST CHECKING IT OUT she tells me. HE'S GONNA BE A WHILE ANYWAY Hanna adds.
The doctor suddenly walks in causing Hanna to pretend like she was reading a poster on the wall.
-SO I UNDERSTAND THAT YOU THINK THAT YOUR LEUKEMIA IS RECURRING? Doctor Mars questions me.
-YEAH I sadly say back.
-NO NEED TO UPSET YOURSELF ALISON he says. YOU'RE STRONG, YOU'VE FOUGHT THIS BEFORE AND WE DON'T KNOW IF THERE ACTUALLY IS A RECURRENCE YET. WE'LL RUN SOME BLOOD WORK AND I'LL BE BACK Doctor Mars adds.
After sitting in the room waiting for at least an hour the doctor finally comes back in.
-YOU DON'T LOOK LIKE YOU'RE ABOUT TO GIVE ME GOOD NEWS I nervously say.
He then sighs and sits in the chair across from me.
-HAVE YOU HAD ANY UNPROTECTED SEX LATELY? Doctor Mars asks.
-NO I quip while thinking. WELL JUST ONCE I add. WHY?
-YOUR LEUKEMIA DIDN'T COME BACK he tells me. YOU'RE A MONTH PREGNANT.
-WHY DO YOU ALWAYS HAVE TO JOKE AROUND? I ask him as he and Hanna look at me.
-IM SERIOUS, ALISON he tells me. YOU'RE ALMOST TWO MONTHS.
-BUT THAT'S NOT POSSIBLE I confusingly state. YOU SAID THAT I COULDN'T GET PREGNANT WHILE ON TREATMENT.
-AND USUALLY THAT'S THE CASE the doctor quips. BUT SINCE YOUR BODY WAS ALREADY FIGHTING THE LEUKEMIA OFF, YOU WERE ABLE TO CONCEIVE A BABY.
-ALI, IT'LL BE OKAY Hanna says rubbing my back as I sit there Appalled.
-HERE'S A LIST OF OBSTETRICIANS TO GO TO he says handing me the sheet of paper. CONGRATULATIONS ALISON he lastly says before walking out.
Back at home I can't stop crying and thinking about the baby.
How am I gonna tell Emily?
Finally having the guts to call her I pick up the phone to see that she's already calling me.
-HELLO I say with a cracked voice.
-ALI, BABY IM SO HAPPY TO HEAR YOUR VOICE Emily smiles through the FaceTime.
-YOU TOO I smile back. SORRY FOR THE LATE REPLY I say referring to earlier. I WAS STILL ASLEEP.
-ITS OKAY she chuckles.
-I HAVE TO TELL YOU SOMETHING.
Both me and Emily say at the same time.
-YOU GO FIRST Emily tells me.
I nod my head and sigh.
-DON'T BE MAD AT ME I say first.
-I WON'T she quips.
-YOU HAVE TO PROMISE I add.
-ALISON, I PROMISE Emily says.
I slowly close my eyes and open them again while rubbing my stomach.
-IM PREGNANT I nervously say not looking at her.
-WH..WHAT? Emily stutters.
-I FOUND OUT JUST A LITTLE WHILE AGO I tell her now looking up seeing the biggest smile on her face.
She's happy?
-ARE YOU SERIOUS? she asks.
-YEAH I say. I UNDERSTAND IF YOU DON'T WANT ME TO KEEP...
-NO, ALI Emily cuts me off. I WANNA KEEP IT she tells me. WE'LL BE A FAMILY she smiles.
-ARE YOU SURE? I ask her.
-I..IF THAT'S WHAT YOU WANNA DO she adds. I MEAN I WANT IT BUT I WONT FORCE YOU TO...
-I WANT IT I smile. NOW WHAT WAS IT YOU HAD TO TELL ME? I ask afterwards.
The smile that was once spread across her face drops into a frown.
-ALI, I she starts.
-YOU WHAT? I ask while furrowing my eyebrows.
-I KISSED LAUREN she tells me.

To be Continued...
What will Alison say in part two? 🤔
Emison baby 👶
Emily and Lauren?
Emily and Alison?
Hanna's hilarious 😂
-D