When Blood Drips - Attack & Rescue

Chapter 1 - Attack & Rescue

Izzy's POV:

I awoke to silence and a throbbing pain in my neck, the stone floor I lay on was rough and cold as I ran my trembling fingers along it.

I slowly started to push myself up so I sat up straight, it was pitch black so I had no clue what to think, I waved my hands in front of my face seeing not even a slightly shadow of it. I sighed and scratched the back of my neck, the slightest touch sent shock waves of pain through my body coming from my neck, I winced at the pain and brought my knees to my chest hugging them close to me.

I hesitantly raised my hand to my neck and my eyes widened at the feel of wet sticky liquid oozing down the front of my neck.

'Is this blood!?' I thought to myself ignoring the waves of pain that were sent threw my body. "No!" I said out loud shaking my head in denial.

My breathe came out shaky making me rock back and forth trying to calm myself, after several minutes I managed to calm my self down and try and think of what happened before I awakened in this dark room and a throb in my neck.

-flashback-

I checked my watch 9:15pm, 'shit I'm late again!' I thought walking as fast as I could towards the street my apartment was on. I was startled at a beep on my phone and check to see what it was. It was from my roommate Lexie and it read:

'Elizabeth-May Hunter! Where are you! You are so late you promised me you would meet him tonight hurry up! Or I will be pissed at you forever!'

'Oh no' I thought as I sprinted down an ally-way that would lead to the back gate of the apartment block, Lexie only ever called me by my full name when I was, 1. In trouble 2. She was pissed 3. Well there is no 3. All I knew was I had to hurry and fast or see would must likely pack all my stuff and chuck it in the curb that's how mad she would get if I missed this dinner. She wanted me to meet her boyfriend Mason, they have been dating for a couple months and I had never meet him and she insisted on this dinner for me to meet him and now I am late and she is gonna kill me!

I sighed at the message and replied saying: 'Yes yes I know I will be there in five'.

"She. Is. Gonna. Kill me" I huffed to myself. I was walking down the ally-way when I heard a trash can crash to the ground, I span around instantly shifting my eyes from one side of the ally to the other searching for movement.

When nothing moved I let out a long shaky breath, I turned around slamming into something solid as a brick wall I backed up slowly looking at the ground to afraid to look up. "I just might though" said a deep husky voice.

I froze right there trying to process what is happening. My hands trembling my knees wobbling I felt weak and light-headed. The man took a small step closer inches away from my face, I glued my eyes to the cement and tried to imagine I was in a different place anywhere but here. I felt a cool hand snake under my chin lifting my head up to look at him. My eyes widened at the sight of him, he was gorgeous.

He had dark black hair that fell onto his forehead looking messily good, his eyes a deep sapphire blue, he had a big muscular body that made him look that much more mesmerising, he was lightly tanned but only slightly.

I was so captivated by his looks that I didn't recognise the grin he was giving me, and his teeth, two of his teeth where pointing out poking into his bottom lip almost looking like fangs.

In that moment I stopped breathing, my eyes widened as his smile did revealing his teeth more and more and then I knew they where fangs.

I broke his hold on my chin and was ready to turn and run, I got two steps when two cold strong hands pulled me back by my shoulders. I gasped in shock and fear and that was when I began to panic.