9 - Part II - Finally

I heard someone knock my door. I got up and opened it, and Jason walked in, least bothered to seek my permission.

“I broke up with her! I’m so happy now. I feel… free!” Saying this, he slumped onto my bed and lied down with his arms behind his head.

“Good! That’s good. Umm… Jason?”

“I want a girl like you, Claire!”

I stood there, quiet. My heart started beating faster.

“Yeah!” He laughed, “I am gonna find somebody exactly like you!”

I face palmed. Either he was kidding me, or he left his brain back in his room.

“Okay, Jason… now if you will excuse me?”

“Yeah, sure. By the way, do you happen to have those notes from biology class today?”

“Yeah, in the drawer. Help yourself.”

Jason’s P.O.V:

As I opened the drawer and rummaged through its contents looking for the notes, I found a crumbled up piece of paper alongside an envelope with my name written on it. I looked at Claire, and when I noticed she wasn’t looking, I quickly hid it inside the notes and took them back to my room. But I forgot to read it because Mrs. Watson had made me a chicken sandwich. And when it’s between a crumpled piece of paper and a chicken sandwich, it is not hard to choose. After I was done, I went back to my room and remembered about the letter.

I opened it with utmost excitement. What could it be? All of my excitement vanished as I read through it. Sweat beads dripped down my temples even in the cool air conditioned room. Claire was in love with me! Why could I not guess?! All that weird behavior, everything! I felt like an idiot. Suddenly, I started to feel weird things for her. Oh no, was it really happening?

As thoughts ran through my head, I realized Claire and me were perfect for each other. We would be sizzling hot together! I decided I would propose to her the next day.