8 - Please Be Mine

Dear Jason,

I’m sorry, but this was the only way to tell you what I want to. This might seem stupid, sudden and clingy, but I just have to tell you. I know we did not get along very well at the beginning, and we are friends now. In no way do I want to ruin our friendship. I really like you Jason. Like that. And I think there’s a possibility that I’m in love with you as well! Please don’t take this in the wrong way. I have never felt this way before about anybody. Even if you don’t feel the same way about me, its okay, and if that is the case, please don’t freak out. We will still be friends. I love you…

Claire

I put aside my pen and reread the letter to myself some eleven times before finally deciding to give it to him. I did not want to involve Brad this time. I wanted to do it myself.

I walked down the stairs, looking at the letter in my hands nervously. Mom and dad were going out and I could hear them asking Jason to take good care of me. Okay, so once again it was just Jason and me. I became nervous again. I had second thoughts on the letter. What if he reciprocated my feelings and kissed me suddenly? Oh dear! Not like it would really happen, but if it did, I would pass out for sure.

Brad went out soon, and we had the whole house to ourselves again.

“Oh my God!” I whispered to myself. “What am I gonna do now?”

Then suddenly some form of supernatural power took over me.

“Oh fuck it. I’m going to do this.”

“Claire! Claire open the door!”

I woke up and realized I had fallen asleep on my desk.  Thank God, it was a dream. The letter was a bit crushed under my face. Jason was knocking on the door. I went and opened it and asked him to come in. And then it dawned upon my brilliant brain that the letter was out in the open. There could not have been a bigger idiot than me, trust me. I did not want him to see it at that time. No way!

I abruptly sat on my desk. ON MY DESK! Over the letter.

“What the…” he said.

“Hey, it’s my favorite place to sit. You got a problem?”

“Uh… no! I just wanted to apologize. I’m sorry!”

“Forgiven! Now bye!” Saying this I came down and pushed him out of the door.

“Hey, wait.”

He made his way in. He stood in front of me, his back facing the desk. As far as I knew him, if he saw the letter, he would leave no stone unturned to read it. Stupid stubborn bodyguard.

“To be honest, I don’t really know why you’re angry. So, if you could explain?”

It’s really irritating how clueless boys can be at times. I mean, where were boys when God was distributing brains?

 “I’m not angry, I don’t know what happened. I’m really weird you know.”

“Yeah. I know.” He chuckled.

“Okay bye!” I tried pushing him out of the room again. But in vain.

“What’s gotten into you? Why are you being so pushy? Pun intended!”

“I got that one, you’re so funny Jason! Okay bye.”

But he just came back inside and flopped onto my bed. He made himself comfortable, and lay down shortly afterwards. “You have a nice room.”

“Thanks!” I omitted the ‘okay bye’ because it was impossible to get him out now. I slowly moved towards the desk while he looked at the ceiling. I almost reached it. Yes!