6 - Surprise!

While I was ushering in all that bliss, I heard the sound of a car speeding towards my house. Brad, for sure. I carefully lifted Jason’s head, making sure he didn’t wake up, and rested it on a cushion. I walked to the door and opened it. I closed the door as soon as I realized what was going on. It wasn’t Brad. There were five or six men, coming out of a car with all sorts of weapons in their hands. I was terrified. After a few seconds of closing the door, I heard a gunshot. I was literally sweating. I locked the main door as well as the secondary door inside. Thankfully, all the windows were already shut.

The gunshot was so loud that Jason instantly woke up and sat upright, confused. He soon realized they were those stupid goons again. I wondered why they were after me. All this while, Jason was moving about very quickly, and it took me a good amount of time to realize that he was gathering supplies. Guns of all sorts. My God, he had weapons!

“You. Don’t move.” He instructed me, very seriously. The way he looked at me, I could only manage a feeble nod and I decided I would listen to him this time.

He put out the lights and it was dark all around, except for the dim light from a lamp in the corner of the room. I could figure out his movements. He was slowly advancing towards the door, and it immediately reminded me of the several action slash thriller slash boring movies which Brad sometimes forced me to watch with him. Jason, after having a good look outside through the glass on the door, went to the attic. I heard a gunshot immediately. Boom! Jason came down, grabbed my arm and before I knew what the heck was going on, I was on my bed, Jason on top of me.

“I’m sorry Claire!” he whispered, “I tripped.”

‘Don’t be sorry…’ I thought to myself. Of course, I could not say that out loud. I wish I could though.

“It’s ok...” I whispered back, “Are they gone yet? How many did you pop?”

“Claire?! I did not kill them. That would make me a criminal. And don’t you know? I’m a very, very good boy!”

He was so full of himself. Even when he was pitted against goons. He told me that he had called the police, and he had destroyed their car by aiming at the gas tank.  They could not get far.

“In just one shot?” I was shocked.

I heard him chuckling. Yeah, I just added a little bit more to his pride. The police were there, then my parents, and my stupid brother too, who was grounded for going out without informing them. He would go straight to school and back home for an entire week. Hah! The five guys were arrested and taken in custody.

“Dad…” I begun, nervous. “What was that?”

“Don’t worry, honey. Jason here handled the matter perfectly!”

Jason smiled at all of us, this time dad added a bit to his pride.

“Yeah… He’s amazing!” the now grounded sidekick said.

“Brad. Go to your room.” Mom shouted at him. I gave him a smirk and he narrowed his eyes and gave me a glare. Like I cared!

I went up to my room, but I figured out that my parents had some serious discussion going on with Jason. I tried to eavesdrop, but I could not hear a thing. I gave up and locked my door shut. I was terribly sleepy.

The next morning, Jason looked a bit different to me. I don’t know, but what he was wearing was not what he usually wore. He wore a sweatshirt and jeans. No shades. Converse. He looked younger. But that didn’t stop him from looking hot!

He kept smiling at me, as though something was about to happen. Was he going somewhere? Were WE going somewhere?

“Why do you look so different today?” I finally asked him.

“Well, that’s because…” He chuckled, leaving the sentence unfinished.

“Because?”

“I’m not telling, Claire!”

He was such a pain in the ass at times.

“Picnic? Mall? Going to see a game? Where are you going?” I asked, curious.

“I told you, I’m not gonna say!”

I stared at him with my forehead wrinkled into a frown and finally said the F-word.

“Fine.”

If anyone does not know, let me tell you. Fine is a very strong word in the dictionary of females. And an equally scary word to the male species. When a girl says fine, you’re in serious trouble.

I started ignoring him. He asked me to pass him the salt at breakfast, but I acted like he did not exist. He asked me to pass him the juice. I behaved as if I did not hear anything. When he was pissed off enough, he said the F-word too.

“Fine.”

I remained quiet.

“You don’t wanna talk?”

No words from me.

“Claire?”

No way was I speaking to him.

“Okay, you’ll find out soon enough. Literally. And when you do, don’t ask me anything about it, because we’re not talking. Ha! And trust me; you will be dying to know.”

Saying this, he finished his breakfast, putting the last piece of bread into his mouth as if he was eating for the first time in years. Then he gave me a long glare, stuck out his tongue and left. Jeez, he was being such a girl. Did Brad teach him all this?

We behaved like strangers in the car the whole time. Though Jason would look at me occasionally, and try to do something stupid to make me talk to him. But I still remained quiet, though inside, I wanted to talk to him forever and never stop! He dropped me off at college and waved me a cold goodbye. I glared at him, and he flashed his teeth, in an attempt to make me laugh. But I continued my cold, frosty glare. He gave up. Poor guy.

 I was careful while entering the college gate; lest I get attacked again! You never know!

In class, our teacher entered, Miss Martin, looking pleasantly happy.

“Kids, we have a mid-session transfer here! Please welcome your new classmate, Jason Tyler!”

My jaw dropped to the ground. I felt Ashton and Jess shuttling their eyes between me and Jason. I stared at him in shock. I heard a collective female ‘oooohhh’ as Jason said hi to the class. Now what the fuck was going on? Why was he posing as a student in my college in my class? We really needed to talk.

Author’s Note:

I’m sorry for this extremely short chapter!! L I just wanted the surprise to be at the end!!! Hope you like it! Please vote and comment, thanks J