5 - Crush?!

The following morning, I woke up to the sweet recollection of what happened at the mall the other day. I was so glad I had a new, super sweet and super cute friend! I woke up and did my morning routine to get ready for college. I met Jason at breakfast. We smiled at each other. And trust me, we smiled at each other for so long, it was really creepy for the others around.

“Psstt… what is up with the two of you?”  Brad whispered to me, “Why are you guys smiling like retards?”

“A lot is up Braddy!” I whispered back. “We are friends now. You wouldn’t believe how sweet he is!”

“Really? Like, OMG, are you like crushing on him?”

Brad was back to being possessed by a female soul.

“What? Pff.. No!” I said, certain.

A second later, I looked at Brad, expressionless and confused. “Am I?”

Before he could whisper back, I saw that Jason was looking at us, curious. I pinched Brad on his arm.

“Oww!”

I giggled. Jason looked at us like we were from another planet. After we were done with breakfast, I went out of my door and stopped to think. Brad’s words had left me confused. Was I having a crush on my bodyguard? To be honest, I had no idea. I did like him. A lot. And all it took was the span of one day. Maybe I was crushing on him. Maybe not.

That evening after college, Jason was there to pick me up. He looked more handsome than he had ever before. He had a red full sleeved shirt on, with the cuffs rolled up, and the first two buttons were not fastened. Uh oh. Brad’s words were coming back to me. I could literally see pink hearts all around. Jason finally got me out of my dream.

“Hey! Are you coming? Or am I going to have you lift you up, huh?”

‘Lift me up! Lift me up!!’ I thought.

“Lift me up…”  My thoughts escaped through my mouth, “Not! I’m coming.”

Phew! That was close. Jason again gave me the you-are-an-alien look. While he was driving me back home, Truly Madly Deeply started to play on one of the radio stations. It again brought back my crazy thoughts. I quickly changed the station. A rock song! Perfect. Twenty seconds later, it ended, and Love Story started playing. Man, was god plotting against me? I extended my arm to change it again, but I felt Jason grip my hands. Oh man, butterflies. I needed help.

“What’s wrong with you? You love these kind of songs, don’t you?”

“Yes, b-but you don’t! So let us find a rock number!”

“No, I actually like this song. Let it play.”

Was he involved in the planning too?

So I drove back home with my probable crush by my side, listening to non-stop romantic songs, and having weird feelings throughout. When I reached home, my parents gave me another surprise.

“Hey, sweetie!” Mom hugged me.

“Hi mom!”

“I’m sorry honey, we forgot to tell you! We have to attend a party. We won’t be home until late.”

“Okay! Cool… have fun you both!”

We waved them goodbye, and just as they became dots in the distance, Brad revealed his plans.

“Okay, I’m going to Ryan’s place, we have a partayyy!”

What? Me and Jason alone at home? No freaking way!