2. I Hate Him Already

As I opened the door for my bodyguard and motioned him to come inside, he came dangerously close when he passed me, into the room. I don’t know what kind of amazing perfume he had put on, I almost fainted. And he did not forget to wink and smile at me when our eyes met for a brief time. I blushed a bit. It felt a bit awkward with him, just the two of us. Nobody was around, and to be honest, I had this extreme urge to rip off his tee and expose his perfect body. I needed help.

“So this is where you’ll be staying, do you like it?” I asked him expectantly. After all, the décor of the guest room was my creation. Yes, I had a tiny little streak of an architect in me.

“Mmm… looks good. You do, too!” He smiled at me again, obviously flirting.

I was taken aback. A bodyguard he seemed like not. Aren’t bodyguards supposed to be all serious and stuff? And here he was, grinning constantly.

“What? Say something, Claire. Did my smile just infect you?” He, yes you guessed it, he smiled again.

“What the hell kind of a bodyguard are you, mister?” I said, surprised.

BG chuckled to himself, "I'm the best one the world has had for a while!."

“Drop it. I’m going out with my friends, catch you later, bye BG.”

I was almost out of the door when I suddenly felt a muscular arm tightly around my abdomen and within no time I was in his arms. I involuntarily clasped him around his neck, scared I would fall.

“What the hell do you thi…”

“Shhh… This is my job. You are not going anywhere without me. Nowhere. Got it?”

“I am going out with my friends. And the last thing I want is a stupid bodyguard spying on me. It’s not like they will kidnap me or something. Let go. Let go I said!”

I had now begun to get really annoyed by him. What was this new guest doing? He had the guts to lift me up! How dare he direct me? I was not going out with him. No way in hell.

Twenty minutes later:

BG drove us to the mall as I sat in the passenger seat. Sensing my embarrassment at my own defeat, he broke into a laugh.

“You thought you could have your way with me?”

I did not speak.

“This is how things will be from now on. You were attacked at college. I have to be around all the time.”

“I wasn’t attacked! It was this group of boys. They had a tiff with an opponent football team. And it…”

“Your life is in danger, moron. Now don’t freak out! You are not big enough to know how things work. Shut the fuck up and do as I say.”

I was dumbfounded. Did he just say that? My dad paid him, and he was ordering me around? As much as I liked him for his looks, I hated him double for his guts.

“What? My life? I’m gonna die?” My eyes moistened. Yes, it was such a scary thought.

 “Well I can’t really tell you now, I’ve said enough already.” BG spoke, “Now don’t tell him I told you. I will lose my job, and you will lose a hot bodyguard!” he winked.

 “How full of yourself are you?” I shot back, “And why did you trust me when you blurted out everything?”

“I just felt like I could. You know. You seem… trustworthy.”

I secretly smiled at his words. He amazed me in more ways than one. He was flirty, sweet, cheesy and bam! Suddenly he was a bigger asshole than Brad would ever be. But I seemed to enjoy his presence. I definitely liked him. From his behavior, I was ninety percent sure he was a rude guy, who could never get enough of himself, and was cheesy to every other girl he met. Sigh.