Chapter 14

He was singing the song heartfully. While he’s singing the song he remembered all his mistakes.

        Including the time when his wife died. Chloe was buried without him to witness and to accept. He remembered Travis that was trying to convince him to be in Chloe’s funeral. He regretted the time when he just ignored and scowled at Travis. He never knew how his family means to him.

        He remembers this one particular event in his life, where he and Chloe were on a date and Chloe asked him

‘What is love for you?’

‘A feeling of strong or constant affection for a person’

‘No, I mean, for you, not for Merriam’

‘Well I don’t really know’

‘You have to realize it someday,’

Someday, but maybe not now’

        With what happened, he realized how Travis means to him. He now knows how much he loves his son. He now deciphers what does love mean for him. “Love is SACRIFICE”.

        He rested his head against his son. He couldn’t help but cry. This sudden emotion was making him uncomfortable. He wasn’t really used to this kind of emotion. He looks unhealthy unlike the way he looks before the reliqua.

He regretted that he never celebrated Travis’ birthday ever since Chloe died. He should’ve helped Travis recover but instead he became selfish. He only helped to recover himself. He never had been there for his son. Travis was once rushed to the hospital for extreme bullying but he didn’t really care he just wasted 9 years in working. Now he doesn’t really know how to bring things back. He didn’t know how Travis survived the wrath of his cruelty. He wondered how Travis can ever forgive him. He was thinking too much. He thought he needed some rest he hugged his son and slept. He was just waiting to die from starvation or his weak body.

He suddenly felt something moving. He knew it was just probably a bug from Travis’ corpse but it wasn’t. He confirmed it when suddenly a familiar voice spoke and said.

‘I’ve been spending my whole life hoping you would finally sing it’

Fredrick immediately opened his eyes to make sure. His eyes were filled with joy it’s like as if he won Gazillion bucks! He was astonished. His tears unexpectedly fell. He hugged his son tighter, who was now on his normal form, without bugs and all that decomposition symptoms.

He can’t speak for a moment for he was too surprised he was just so happy because for once in his life he became productive.

‘I’m sorry’ he finally managed to utter.

Travis smiled and said ‘I already have forgiven you; mom told me what you did. That was INSANE!’

‘You met your mom?’

‘Yup, while I was enjoying being a free spirit, unfortunately I can’t go to heaven because St. Peter already have closed it, he actually was about to let me in but God already ordered him to close it.’

‘You deserve to be there my son.’

‘If I should go there you must too’

‘I don’t deserve it.’

‘I don’t think so.’ Travis got up and helped his father to get up.

‘You think He can forgive me’

Before Travis can answer an angel answered ‘Yup’ they were shocked,

‘Who are you?’ Travis queried

‘She’s my assistant’ Fredrick answered ‘You’re an angel?’

‘Chloe’s a friend of mine, so yup!’

‘What are you doing here?’

‘Oh! I almost forgot! God asked me to summon both of you that are if you agree to’

Fredrick looked at Travis worriedly, Travis looked at him back encouragingly, with this Fredrick decided to accept the invitation.HH