❄︎ Tears, Snowman & Up All Night ❄︎

❄︎ TEARS, SNOWMAN & UP ALL NIGHT ❄︎

"Everybody wanna steal my girl, everybody wanna-"

"What the fuck are you doing, Louis?" Zayn asks in a hushed voice.

"Oh shit, sorry. Thought everyone was asleep." Louis shrugs, a shade of pink painting his cheeks as he's caught in act.

"So you're telling me that whenever you're alone at night, you sing our songs?"

"No, not really. I mean, I just sing to relive stress and it was kinda first song that came to my mind, you know," Louis explains.

"Okay then, I guess," Zayn says a bit skeptically, eyeing his friend.

"I miss that monkey from music video tough, we really did build that eternal friendship and whatnot," Louis says randomly, smiling as he reminisces that day.

"Oh god!" Zayn shakes his head. "But it's kinda true, you were over the moon for that fella!" he laughs.

"It was the cutest thing I've ever seen," Louis' voice is delicately dreamy.

"Speaking about cute things, look at these two." Zayn points at the passenger seat.

"Aww, how sweet," Louis coos, looking at Niall and Harry cuddled up to one another, Harry's hand protectively wrapped around the older boy as Niall's head is hid in his friends's shoulder. "It's ridiculous that people think I'm with Harry, if anything, I'd bet on that two to be together," he says.

"But they aren't?" Zayn asks just to make sure. Since he's left the band, he hasn't got as much insight into band's life as he used to.

"As far as I know, they aren't. But they're the bestest of friends you can imagine." Louis makes a pause, his lips leave a long sigh. "I miss it, you know? It's nice to rest for a while, but I miss us, all of us together."

"I know," Zayn's voice cracks as he looks out of the window.

"Don't you miss it sometimes? Like One Direction and all?" Louis asks, his eyes glistening with unshed tears.

"Yeah, of course I do," Zayn sighs, "amazing time I had with you guys, I hope you all know it. And I know that Harry doesn't particularly like me now, but I just had to leave," he whispers, his voice breaking as a single tear streams down his cheek.

"Would you change it? Like if you could do something differently in the past, would you?" Louis questions, on the verge of crying himself.

"I used to ask myself that a lot, you know. But I realized there's no point in that. I like to believe that everything happens for a reason and it might sound stupid, but what if all our choices and decisions were meant to lead us to here?"

Louis blinks at that, frowning deep in thought. "Wow, that's... deep."

"What's deep?" says another voice that sounds a bit raspy and the two realize that they've woken up Liam.

"We were just kind of talking about... past," Louis explains, stuttering slightly as he's hesitant with his words.

"Liam, would you change something in your past?" Louis questions after some time, curious.

"I think no," he furrows his brows. "Yes, there are moments I wish had gone differently, the decisions I would reconsider, but what if by changing something, I would change the whole course of my life? What if that way Bear wasn't born or we did never meet each other? Yes, we can imagine that our life would be better if we changed some things in it, but let's just focus on the positives? We've got so much, we're really lucky lads after all," he says the last sentence so fondly that the other boys can feel their hearts melt.