puppy dog eyes

Kim Taehyung | a lil angst/conflict bUT a lotta fluff omg

"Taehyung," you strained as Taehyung's hands tugged at the seams of your dress once again. "I'm going on soon, I can't stay and talk."

Taehyung's lips curled downwards and his mouth opened but closed soon after. As soon as he saw someone turn your jaw to put more lipstick on your pursed lips and more large glitter specs on your temples, he knew he had truly lost you to the arts.

"But I haven't seen you all day!" Taehyung grabbed your hand and placed it on the back of his neck, most likely trying to urge you into running your fingers through his ash gray hair. "I miss you!"

"I missed you too but... Gosh, fine." You huffed and did what he hoped for dearly. You carded your fingers through his locks, gently massaging his scalp at the roots. You mindlessly rubbed your lips together to even out your lipstick properly. Taehyung smiled to you in what you would've seen as the most loving way if not for the fact that your attention was barely on the older boy. You patted his shoulder and said a quick, "See you later, baby" as you brushed past him.

After your performance, you came back in with your face covered in a thin sheen and your legs threatening to give way. Nobody said theater was an easy job and your sudden urge to sleep on the carpet truly explained your exhaustion.

Nearing the couch at the very end of the large dressing room every actress got prepped in, you put a hand over your lips to conceal a giggle. Taehyung was sitting in a very slovenly manner with his head thrown backwards over the back of the couch and his nose softly twitching to match his inconsistent snores.

"Baby," you sat on the armrest of the plush couch and placed your fingers in Taehyung's hair once again. Almost immediately, he leaned towards your touch and whined softly. "You okay?"

"Can we go now? I want to lay down with you, baby," Taehyung muttered into the crook of your neck. "You smell nice."

"Liar. I smell like sweat," you chuckled and stood up with him.

"Well, I'm happy I get to see you up close this week. Even if you are sweaty," he said just as leisurely.

You tried to step towards the rack that would hold your outfit but it was extremely difficult to do so with Taehyung refusing to let go of your waist. "Tae? Let me change then I'll come back as soon as I can."

"But I—" Taehyung began to whine as you led him back to the couch gently.

You put out a palm. "Stay."

"Listen, that's just rude," Taehyung pouted. "I'm not a dog."

You raised an eyebrow. "But are you going to move from where I just told you to stay?" Taehyung's lips pressed into a thin line as he grumbled and looked at the floor. "Taehyung."