Epilogue

And so the lion fell in love with the lamb.

-Twilight by Stephenie Meyer.

××Playlist××

'That was fast. I've never seen anyone get legally resurrected that fast.' Gavin commented.

'I was never legally dead to begin with plus I kept up a legal persona with my lawyer so it wasn't really hard to get identification and stuff.' Vasilisa replied.

Ever since they admitted their love to each other -without adding the "I think"- they've basically been joint at the hip. They are almost always together. I've never seen Gavin this happy before.

Vasilisa has been having fun tasting all sorts of food. According to her, she has to make up for the two hundred years without food which is okay since she can afford it. She's in a higher tax bracket than my family is. Way higher.

She's been experimenting and catching up with twenty first century things. She went to visit her hometown for a while but she came back. Apparently it's not home without Gavin.

Gavin didn't tell our parents the full story about Vasilisa. He didn't even tell them anything. He just introduced her to them as his girlfriend and that was that. Mom fell in love with her anyway. Its hard not to like Vasilisa. She's immensely polite, beautiful, kind and most of all, she makes Gavin really happy. So yeah, everyone loves her.

She's like the sister I never had. She's been helping me get ready for my dream school that she helped me get into. See why I say its impossible to not like her?

By the end of summer, she and my brother will be shipping off to college. Leo and Tom too but they're going to different colleges. I will miss them terribly but I guess I have my new fancy art school to focus on. I still can't believe I got accepted.

'Here's your coffee.' Tom returned from the kitchen with two steaming cups. He handed one to Vasilisa and kept the other for himself.

Ever since she became human again, she's been obsessed with coffee. It's like her life force. She drinks it even at night. I have no idea how she sleeps.

'So everything's all set?' Gavin asked.

'Yup.' Vasilisa beamed up at him like he is all that good in the world.

'Have I ever told you that I love you?' He asked, leaning in to capture her lips.

'I'll never get tired of hearing it.' She grinned. He sealed her lips with his.

I looked away to give them some privacy, not that they seem to care.

My eyes landed on Leo. The one that got away. He was leaning casually with his shoulder propped against the wall. His blonde hair sticking out in all directions.

I looked away before he could catch me staring.

'Are you going back home? To your hometown I mean. Not now but like in future?' I asked Vasilisa.

'I am home.' She replied simply.

'I get that but I meant like your home?' I pressed.

'Home is where your heart is.' She said.

Smiling at Gavin over her shoulder, she declared, 'I am home.'

Gavin and Vasilisa are each other's soulmates. They love each like a mother loves her child. They tease each other like siblings. Protect each other like a father. They're like two halves of a whole. Different and unique but they belong together. Yeah, I don't see them breaking up ever.

I hope I find what they have someday.

Unheeded, my eyes strayed to Leo as I made that wish.

Author's Note:

Author's Note:

That's it folks. Don't delete this book from your library just yet. I'll be posting an update on the name of Kelsey's book and when I'll start posting it.

Thanks for everything.