「 ❄️ SILVER AND GOLD / XANDER BOGAERTS. 」

XANDER BOGAERTS IMAGINE

" silver and gold - for anastasia "

Silver and gold mean so much more when I see,

All the family was scattered around the house. Some were cooking, others were making their rounds and taking too early bites of the goodies on the stove or just out of the oven.

To Anastasia, this was bliss -- having everyone around, if only for one day out of the whole year. They would all spend time together and remind each other that, no matter how crazy they were on the other 364 days of the year, today they could shower one another with love.

This year was especially exciting, because it marked the first Christmas that she would bring her boyfriend, Xander, along to meet all her extended family. Every aunt, uncle and cousin would undoubtedly be struck by Xander's sweeter than sugar demeanor.

During the night's activities, she would find herself beaming at the sight of Xander falling right in line with everyone, laughing at all her uncles' jokes and complimenting all the delicious food that smelled and looked almost as wonderful as it tasted.

Anastasia didn't want to worry herself, wondering and wishing that Xander would get along with her family -- she knew he would, but there was one aspect of Christmas that she was worried about.

Actually, make that a few aspects: her little cousins.

Being one of the oldest cousins, it was only understandable that the little ones looked to Anastasia for advice. She helped dry their tears, was there to root them on at dance recitals and school plays, and was almost always around -- until Xander came along.

She spent a lot of her time in Boston, both because she was living with Xander in his apartment, and also because of her job being nestled right in the heart of the city. The distance was hard, because she was born and raised in such a tight-knit family, but Anastasia knew that, no matter how hard it was on her, her little cousins had it harder.

That being said, worrying how they would receive her boyfriend was something that had her walking on pins and needles all night.

While she was sitting and discussing her work with her grandparents, great aunts and great uncles, Anastasia noticed a few of her little cousins talking. She couldn't help but wonder why in the world they were huddled in a circle so close to Xander, but without really talking to him.

She was sure she hadn't noticed them talking to him at all (which didn't surprise her, because she knew how reluctant kids were when talking to strangers) and it made her heart break just the littlest bit.