「 ❄️ WHITE CHRISTMAS / AARON JUDGE. 」

AARON JUDGE IMAGINE

" white christmas - for maddie "

With every Christmas card I write,

As long as Maddie could remember, her father would always talk about the absolute magic that came with a white Christmas in New York City. The bright lights of the big city, along with the nip in the air along the river, the way he described it made it seem like some sort of faraway kingdom.

When she met Aaron Judge, she felt like she had met her prince -- but she wasn't looking for a prince. Fairy tales were perfect for little girls with dreams in their head, but she didn't want to spend her days haplessly dreaming.

She wanted to make her dreams come true, and told Aaron just that. He couldn't agree more.

So she stayed on the West Coast, while he was on the East Coast. They planned to meet in the middle, but timing wasn't right and things came between them, but they never brought them apart.

Maddie spent the first few weeks of December studying until her eyes bled. Finals were no joke and, if she wanted to be the best student she could possibly be, she had to put in the work. Maddie spent night after night, reading her textbooks cover to cover and writing notes. She had the dream and the drive -- it was only right that she make her dreams come true, just like she always wanted.

On the other side of the country, Aaron was still reveling in the year he'd had. Having earned the title of 'Rookie of the Year' wasn't anything to sniff his nose at, but he wished his girl was beside him. There wasn't anything wrong with wanting to share time with those you love, but Aaron didn't want to distract her from her studies.

He didn't want to come in between her and her dreams.

As the month passed by and Christmas grew closer and closer, they grew a little antsy. Both of them wanted desperately to see the other, but the communication was a little dicey. Sometimes, they'd go days without much more than a few texts of pleasantries. They were both busy, yes, but they worried they were losing the other.

The thought alone was enough to cause both their hearts to break.

Right before her eyes, Maddie had realized that Aaron had snuck his way into her plan. She could be strong and independent, but that didn't negate the fact that she wanted to be wanted, to be loved, and -- oh wow -- Aaron loved her.

She loved him, too.

Something that put a wrench in the whole 'I-love-him-so-I-have-to-tell-him,' was that it was Christmas Eve and her mother would skin her alive if she left now. That was, unfortunately, something that the fairy tales forgot to add in -- prior commitments and their importance.

So, she did what she could do. She told her mother everything, and the woman looked at her with a knowing smile.

"Oh, I knew this would happen." She said and Maddie's eyebrows furrowed.

"Um, what?"

Her mother just shook her head, putting a few presents for Maddie's brothers underneath the tree. "When you first told me about that ballplayer, I knew you were going to fall in love."

"Mom!" Was she really that obvious?

"What? It's not a bad thing. Besides, I really knew when you stayed up all night on the phone with him." Her mother explained.

Maddie's face broke out into a blush. She knew what her mother was talking about. One night during he summer, when they were finally in the same timezone, she and Aaron stayed up all night on Skype together. They laughed at stupid Vines, cracked jokes, shared their secrets, and poured their hearts out.

If Maddie had to point to a time where she started thinking of Aaron as something more than just a friend, it would be that moment. Anyone she could be that honest with had to be worthy of something more -- that magical more that Maddie was sure was out there for her.

The magical more that brought back those dreams of fairy tales.

"I wish I could see him. I wish there was some way that --"

Just then, the doorbell rang.

Maddie and her mother exchanged a glance.

"We're not expecting anyone." Maddie said, a little suspiciously.

Her mother's smile had a hint of mischief behind it.

"Mom, what did you do?"

"Nothing, nothing! Go answer the door, sweetie." Her mother said and, slowly, Maddie walked to the door.

She knew who she hoped was on the other side, but expectations and reality hardly ever aligned.

Could this be one of those times?

On the other side of the door was a tall boy, with a charming gap in his smile and a bouquet of red roses. It was Aaron.

"Hi, Maddie."

She threw her arms around him and pulled him close. She smiled as she took in everything he was -- he was everything she'd dreamed he'd be. When they pulled apart, she was shaking a little.

"I can't believe -- how are you -- oh my God."

"Your mom sent me your address. Yeah, I guess you left your phone here when you were studying for finals." He explained.

Oh mom. Maddie couldn't even be mad because, well, why would she be? He was her and they were together and, just, wow.

This wasn't a 'happily ever after,' oh no. This was the start of everything.

May your days be merry and bright. 

hey hey aaronjudge! i really hope you liked this and thanks for requesting! happy, happy holidays!

xoxo