「 ❄️ ROCKIN' AROUND THE CHRISTMAS TREE / ANTHONY RENDON. 」

ANTHONY RENDON IMAGINE

" rockin' around the christmas tree - for aria "

Mistletoe hung where you can see,

Anthony had stayed up and watched as many of those cheesy, by-the-book Hallmark Christmas movies as he could. He wanted to surprise Aria, his wife, for Christmas by getting her the best present imaginable -- the only problem was that he wasn't sure what the best present imaginable would be.

All of the movies involved some sort of holiday wedding or engagement, but he'd already popped that question and was pretty sure that they had the wedding of the century (all of the gossip magazines had named it as such). Or, the movies had some fantastical plot where the couple was going through some hard times and actually met Santa Claus. As cool as that would be, Anthony didn't want to start any unnecessary drama with his beautiful girl (even though it would be pretty cool to meet Santa and go to the North Pole).

So, what was he going to do? He wanted to make this a Christmas to remember, but it was pretty important that he got the best gift he could.

Anthony figured he would just think on it for a few days and, sooner or later, it would come to him -- and hopefully sooner rather than later, on account of the fact that Christmas was only a few days away!

One day, he figured he would try to be sly and bring Aria out to the mall, in hopes that she would gush over something that she'd always wanted that was in one of the many stores located inside. However, Aria caught onto his game and nudged him with a smirk on her lips when they arrived in the parking lot.

"You still haven't gotten me a gift, huh?"

"What? What are you -- yes." There was no lying to her, after all. What kind of relationship, much less a marriage, was built on lies? Not one that Anthony or Aria wanted to be a part of, that was for sure.

She leaned over and gave him a quick peck.

"You'll find something. You're smart."

He sighed, grinning. "Oh, good. So, you want to go?"

"Oh no." Aria laughed out loud, grabbing her purse. "We drove all the way around here, and I need a new outfit for Christmas dinner with my parents."

Another day, another foiled Christmas plot. Honestly, when he would think about it in that way, it made Anthony feel like the Grinch. He didn't want to be the Grinch -- all he wanted to do was give the love of his life something he would love.