Chapter Four

"Can I have one?" Niall asks eagerly, looking up from the freshly baked brownies to his best friend, his blue eyes wide in an effort to look irresistibly cute. The delicious scent of the chocolate goods fill the warm kitchen, making Niall lick his lips in anticipation.

Harry rolls his emerald eyes skyward, slapping away Niall's hand when he gets impatient and tries reaching for a brownie anyways. "No, Niall, they're supposed to be for tomorrow." Harry reminds him, sighing quietly. Niall groans loudly while Harry begins to carefully place each one in a bowl, one that he had bought just for his brownies, setting the lid on top of it and pushing the little locks into place. "Don't touch them," Harry warns, wiggling his finger at his friend as his eyes narrow into slits. Niall mock salutes him once, turning on his heel to leave the kitchen, heading for the stairs.

Harry lets out a quiet laugh, shaking his head at his friend's antics as he finishes up what he's doing. Once all of the brownies are in the bowl, he puts them in a spot he knows Niall won't search. Then he turns and follows them up the stairs. He finds Niall already stretched on his bed, his arms crossed beneath his head as his blue eyes stare up at the ceiling. He doesn't even seem to register that Harry walked in.

So Harry clears his throat loudly, his lips twitching up into a half-smirk as Niall jumps, his head jerking over to where he's standing. He rolls his eyes when he sees that it's just Harry. Harry heads over to join him on his bed, taking a step out of his way to grab their backpacks. Niall groans at the sight of them, displeasure visibly written all over his face. "Are you really going to make me do homework right now?" He asks.

"I am," Harry answers simply, tossing Niall's over to him. It lands right in front of him on the bed. Niall pushes himself into a sitting position with a loud sigh, his hand grabbing the backpack and plopping it down on his crossed legs. They get out their history books, along with their assignments, and get to work.

That's what they're doing when Gemma yells through his bedroom door, "Harry, I need your help!" an hour later. The door is shoved open before Harry gets a chance to answer, causing the curly haired boy to let out a loud groan, glaring at his sister for forgetting to knock. Again. "Oh, shit, sorry." She says when she sees the look on his face, but she doesn't look that apologetic.

"What do you need my help with?" Harry sighs, rolling his eyes as he pushes himself up so that he's sitting on his knees. Beside his thigh, Niall lets his pencil drop flat on his paper, propping his chin on his arms as he watches the interaction between the siblings.

"Finding an outfit for the party on Saturday," Gemma pouts, looking distraught, as she crosses her arms over her chest. She leans her weight against the doorframe, propping the toe of her left boot on the floor.

"It's Monday," Niall butts into the conversation, raising his eyebrows, his face contorting with disbelief. Harry waves his hand in his friend's direction, showing that he wholeheartedly agrees.

"Exactly!" Gemma exclaims. "I have less than a week to pick a cute outfit out, and this guy that I really like is going to be there, so I have to look amazing." She rambles, her hands flying about in the air with every word that leaves her mouth. As she gets further in her statement, she seems to get in more and more of a panic.

"So you need me to help you pick an outfit out? Why me?" Harry asks curiously, his eyebrows scrunching together in the middle of his forehead.

"And why not me? My style is fucking great," Niall tells her, his lips forming a bit of a pout. He looks majorly offended, Harry notes, offering Niall a pat on the shoulder.

"You have really good style, H." Gemma answers, completely ignoring the blond altogether. "So will you go shopping with me tomorrow?"

"I can't tomorrow," Harry answers, shrugging his shoulders. He twists his lips to the side, halfheartedly sympathetic. "Niall and I are going over to our friend's house for a movie night thing after school."