Somehow Different

Start from the beginning

“You were thinking aloud. I shouldn’t have condemned you for it,” he responded softly. Saphira smirked.

“You really do feel guilty don’t you?”

“Extremely,” Severus answered as he too smirked. Saphira giggled before standing on her toes and pressing her lips against his cheek.

“Then you’re forgiven.”

**

Sirius frowned as he snuck close to the Gamekeeper’s Hut. Saphira was talking in hushed voice with Hagrid. He found it odd there wasn’t a class.

“Hagrid, it’ll be alright. Honestly, it’ll all blow over at the trial. I’ll just have a talk with Fudge,” Saphira’s voice drifted with the wind. Sirius perked up when he heard her words.

“But Buckbeak…” Hagrid blubbered before blowing his nose into a handkerchief loudly. Sirius tilted his head to the side. Was Hagrid crying? Over what? 

“Will be fine. I assure you. My brother is just trying to prove a point. I’ve already given him a piece of my mind,” Saphira appeased as Hagrid suddenly encased her small form in his large arms. Sirius heard Saphira’s whimpers and wheezes and fought himself from going to save her.

“Ah, sorry, Phira!” Hagrid apologized instantly as he released her. Saphira held her side and shook her head.

“It’s fine, Hagrid,” she soothed as she attempted to repair her mussed appearance. Sirius sat back on his hind legs and simply watched the two adults interact. The Saphira now was much different from the Saphira he had grown up with. As an adult, it seemed Saphira had left all sense of egomania in the past. She seemed calm and serene. More in control of her feelings and emotions. She was what she had been destined to be. A prime example of a pureblood daughter.  Sirius sighed mentally. He had never thought she’d be so composed. The only true memories he had of her were her rebellious teenage years. She had always looked for a reason to fight. Now she didn’t.

Even if he told her the truth, she’d never approve of his actions. She’d want him to confront Peter in a court. She’d probably turn Peter over to the dementors. She wouldn’t let him exact his revenge.

“Oh, Hagrid, I meant to ask you. You haven’t seen any wolves or anything around the forest, have you?” Saphira’s question drew Sirius back from his thoughts. His ears perked up as Hagrid looked curious before shaking his large head.