THREE: The Escape.

T H R E E
"The Escape!"

T H R E E"The Escape!"

"Please, help me." Catriona pleaded desperately in a croak, the tears in her eyes spilling free and dribbling down her cheeks.

Dean scrunched his features up, not knowing what do next. He looked to Sam. "So? What are we supposed to do?"

Sam gave him a pointed look and tucked his guns into his belt. He held his hands out and began to cross the room slowly, eliciting an eye roll from Dean. "Are you alright? What's your name?"

When Catriona only shook her head in response, Sam decided to speak again.

"My name is Sam Winchester." Sam introduced himself, squatting in front of Catriona. "This is my brother, Dean. What's your name?"

"Catriona MacLeod." Catriona sniffed softly, bringing a hand up to eyes to wipe the tears. Dean frowned – her name seemed so familiar – but Sam didn't seem to react. Dean then spotted the terrible dress she was wearing and he let out a noise of disgust.

"Oh, she's definitely a prisoner. Who would wear that willingly?" He used a gun to point at the dress, and even Sam looked mildly repulsed.

"Please, get me out of here." Catriona pleaded and Sam nodded, holding out his hands in offering. She clasped them tightly in hers and was practically lifted to her feet by the man. She stumbled a bit, falling into his chest, but he caught her easily enough. Catriona blinked up at Sam, her eyes watching him closely and he shifted uncomfortably at the scrutiny. He was beautiful; she thought as she withdrew her hands and stepped away. An Angel.

"We should go." Sam commented, glancing at Dean who was struggling to suppress a mocking smile. Sam glowered at him.

"Right...One thing before we leave." Dean said, spinning around and making his way back to Rowena's side. When he raised a gun to her head and cocked it, Sam called out.

"Really, dude? We have more important things to worry about." He said pointedly, gesturing towards Catriona.

Dean almost whined. "But–"

"No."

Dean huffed as he left Rowena in her position on the floor and began walking towards the door, disappearing silently. Sam began to follow him but stopped when he noticed that Catriona hadn't moved. Her gaze was glued to the unconscious witch, and her fingers twitched with anger. Bitch.

"We should go." Sam said softly.

"Right." Catriona said softly, tearing her gaze off the woman and striding to the door. She brushed past Sam and climbed the stairs, vanishing without a second glance. Sam let out a low whistle as he followed, shaking his head. Catriona stepped out of the building and into the night, jerking when her feet touched the rough ground underneath her. Dean, who was lounging against his car, noticed and frowned.

"We should probably get you some shoes."

Catriona glanced over to him and her eyes widened when she spotted what he was leaning against. She gasped. "What is that?"

Mistaking her shock for awe, Dean visibly puffed his chest out and patted the car affectionately. "This is Baby. Beautiful, isn't she?"

"Intriguing." Catriona commented, closing the gap between herself and the car. She reached out a hand and touched it gingerly, her mouth falling into an 'O'.

"Alright, let's go." Sam said as he appeared on the other side of the car and pulled open a door and got in. The car shuddered under his weight. Dean clicked his tongue as he too pulled out a door and got in. Catriona stood outside for a few moments, marvelling at the car, before Dean stuck his head out of the window. He was wearing a slightly puzzled expression.

"You going to get in or...?" He asked.

Catriona nodded quickly and replicated what she had seen Dean do, clutching the handle tightly in her hand and pulling. The door swung open, knocking against her knees and Catriona winced as she moved around the door and climbed in. She pulled the door shut behind her and began to rub her knees as Dean started the car. Catriona visibly stiffened as the car took off down the road.

Dean caught her expression in the rear view mirror and frowned. "What, never been in a car before?"

He was only joking, but Catriona nodded earnestly. "Where I'm from, we use horses."

Dean's eyes widened and he glanced at Sam, who was mirroring his clueless expression. He shrugged helplessly, sparing a glance over his shoulder. In that short time, Catriona had curled up on the back seat and had promptly fallen asleep. Her hands were tucked under her head and loose hair covered her face. Sam caught himself smiling.

"What the hell, dude." Dean hissed suddenly, his features narrowing in annoyance. "We came here to stop whatever was happening, and we did, but now we have a freaking girl in the backseat!"

"Dean, calm down." Sam started but his older brother cut him off.

"No! What the hell are we supposed to do with her?"

Sam sighed, running a hand over his face as he looked out the window. He caught his tired expression in the reflection. "I don't know, Dean. All I know is that we couldn't leave her there. She's harmless."

"She looks harmless." Dean corrected angrily as he turned a corner. "I swear, Sammy, if she is anything other than harmless, I'll kill her myself."

Sam remained silent the whole trip back to the bunker, frowning out the window. He didn't want Dean to kill her. There was something... different about her, and he wanted to figure out what it was