Chapter 13

The memory started to shift again.

"Harry, can you hear me at all?" Draco questioned Harry who was slumped over in the chair. His breathing was faint and his pulse was racing. "God, how much did you use, Harry." He said, fear beginning to seep into his voice. The music in the house was loud, it was dark, and it stunk like marijuana, but he could tell just how far gone Harry was.

He pulled Harry up and into his arms and began to pull the man out of the building, Harry walking only a little bit. When the two made it outside Draco whipped his phone out and began to dial 911.

"Yes, hello. I need an ambulance. My boyfriend overdosed on cocaine and I think he has alcohol poisoning. Yes, my address is-,"

The group was suddenly beside Memory Draco as he sat at Harry's bedside.

"Harry." Draco sniffled. His head was bowed and was resting on Harry's forearm, his thumb rubbing absently on the back of Harry's hand.

Harry's breathing was steady, although that was probably due to the oxygen tubes in his nose. His heart rate was beating steadily shown by the heart monitor's constant beeping. To Draco, this was all too familiar of a scene. The amount of times Draco had found Harry knocked out in some bar, the amount of nights spent nursing the man back to health, the amount of time spent at his bedside as he went through detox.

One of the CNA's that Draco worked with, but didn't recognize, walked into the room after knocking on the door. "Mr. Malfoy? I'm here to change his sheets and check his vitals."

Draco nodded and moved out of the way. His eyes were red around the rims, his nose was runny, and his face was swollen. Draco didn't cry much, normally. He took a seat on the chair that was next to the door, staying out of the way of his co-worker.

Draco had his hands in his lap, and his head was bowed when Harry took a deep, choking breath. "Harry!"

"Draco, what happened?"

"Do you remember last night?'

Harry nodded slowly, "Some of it."

"You called me and told me you had taken Vicodin and used cocaine. You also had alcohol poisoning."

Harry's eyes began to well with tears.

"I'm sorry, sir. I'm going to have to call the doctor to let him know you are awake." The CNA said.

Draco and Harry nodded. "Draco, I'm so sorry. I don't know what came over me. One minute we were studying and the next they were saying they wanted to check out the new club. I should have declined. I don't know."

"Harry, calm down. It's okay. Please, calm down. I forgive you. It's okay, you're not perfect. Relapses happen."

"I want to go to counseling." Harry said, ignoring Draco's spiel.

"He went to counseling?" Lily asked.

"He still goes, bi-monthly." Draco replied. "He doesn't have many cravings, but addiction is lifelong."

The scene had changed to Harry and Draco in their flat.

Harry was wiping his eyes, a proud smile on his face. "I'm so happy he's finally walking." Harry said.

"Me too. He was so proud of himself."

"I'll never forgive myself for missing this."

Draco smiled solemnly. "It's okay, Harry. Let's go make dinner, yeah? Come on, Scorpius." Draco said, holding his hand out to the toddler who just babbled and smiled elegantly.