Chapter 7

"Not many people would do that, you know." Hermione spoke up from beside him.

"I know." Draco smirked.

The memory shifted to the same flat, only light was now streaming through the windows.

"Fuck." Memory Harry cursed as he stumbled over the coffee table in the living room.

Memory Draco began to stir at the noise, groaning as he stretched out on the loveseat, his long form not use to such sleeping conditions.

"Who the fuck are you?" Lily was aghast at the language coming from her son's mouth.

"The man who saved your ass from a shotty club, I think a thank you is in order."

Harry let out a bark of laughter. "I need a drink." Harry began to walk to the kitchen, rummaging around his fridge. He pulled out a tall bottle of vodka and a couple shot glasses.

Draco checked his watch. "It's not even nine in the morning yet."

Harry poured the vodka into the shot glasses. "Here."

"I'll pass, thanks."

"You sure?" Draco nodded, "Okay." Harry quickly downed both of the glasses and began pouring another.

"I can't believe that he began drinking so early in the morning." Lily said.

"He used to always say 'You can-,'"

"-avoid a hangover if you just keep drinking." Harry said, throwing another drink back.

"How do you go to class? Are you drunk at school? How do you get this past your parents? Aren't they mad that you drink when they're paying for you to be here?"

Harry suddenly looked very solemn. "I'm paying for myself. My parents aren't really in the picture, anymore."

"Did you run away because they beat you or something?"

"God, no. My parents were great. I left on my own accord. I'm kind of an arsehole."

"He paid to go to Oxford by himself?" Hermione was shocked.

Draco nodded, "He taught me a thing or two about humility."

The memory began to morph again, this time it took them to a green area in the middle of Oxford's campus.

"I don't know why you're dating her, Draco. You're so clearly gay."

"I am not gay, Harry Potter." Draco snapped, his eyes never leaving the book he was reading.

Harry laughed "That's hardly what you were saying yesterday as we admired Prince Harry."

"Shut up, Potter. I'm not gay. Just...questioning." Harry rolled his eyes.

"This was about four months later. At this point he's been sober for two months." Draco explained. Harry looked so much better. He wasn't as skinny, his face had more color and his eyes were shining again.

"He looks like he did when we were younger." Ron said.

"I'm still dating her because that's what my parents want."

"I think they just want you to be happy, Draco." Pansy said from beside Harry.

"Doubtful." Draco replied.

Shifting again, the group was now at a dinner party, watching as Draco, Pansy, Blaise, Harry, and two unidentified people ate dinner together.

"This is a month later."