Chapter 5

Ron and Hermione stood next to the hospital bed that was occupied by their once best friend.

"Harry, I do hope you wake up."

Ron nodded. "I can't believe you never told us you were alive, mate. We've went years thinking you were dead. Years in mourning, and then, suddenly we might be in mourning again. Please wake up, I don't think your mom could handle losing you again."

...

"Ron, have you seen Harry anywhere?"

"Nope." Ron uttered, his focus on the chessboard between him and Neville.

Hermione folded her arms and humphed. "I told him I would help him study for his potions' OWL's. Snape will have his head if he doesn't pass the exam."

"Why? Snape hates Harry."

"Because, Ronald, Harry wants to be an auror and to do that he has to be in the upper division potions' class, and like it or not, Snape is a professor and he still has to help Harry achieve his dreams."

Hermione took a seat next to Ron, only to stand abruptly when the portrait hole swung open. "Harry!"

"'lo, 'Mione." He slurred.

"Harry?" She asked, examining his face. "Harry! You smell sweet!"

"What?" He said. "I feel great. Don't be anxious."

"What did you take?" Hermione demanded. This wasn't the first time he had come home out of sorts. "How much did you take?"

"Draught of Peace...and...I dunno, one phial?"

"Harry!"

...

The end of fifth year met Harry, Hermione, and Ron with a light feeling they hadn't felt in a long time.

"Are you excited for the party tonight, Mate?" Ron asked Harry.

"Yeah, Hermione, are you coming?"

"Unfortunately, yes. I actually have to chaperone."

The three eventually made their way to the Room of Requirement for the end of the year party. Since they were going to be sixth years, they had been invited to the upper year's party.

They entered the room, and Harry disappeared and came back with drinks. "Water for you, 'Mione." He said, taking a swig of whatever was in his own glass.

Before they knew it, the party was over and Ron and Hermione were searching for their friend. "I can't believe you let him get out of your sight. I told you that I didn't think he should be drinking."

"Hermione, I am not his mother. What was I supposed to do, bind him?

Hermione exhaled, "I don't know. I hope he's okay. I can't find him. Let's just go back to the common room and wait."

1:00AM came and went, and Ron was still waiting for Harry to return. And eventually, he did.

"Shh!" Someone slurred from above Ron.

"Mate?" he asked, recognizing that it was Harry, and that he was very, very drunk. "You're sloshed, mate."

Harry laughed, "Yeah. I feel great."

"Harry, come on, let's get you to bed."

"'m fine. I can walk by m'self." He began to step forward, only to stumble, and laugh "Maybe not. I was fine when Dean 'n me were comin' back."