Part 37

That evening, Justice could not help but notice that Elison and Jaspar were quieter than normal. Leo was still with John being punished for his earlier transactions, something the man had gone to willingly if not a little hesitantly. John's punishments for being rude were never pleasant and Justice's butt cheeks were clenching in pity for the man. Jasper, however, didn't look like someone who had been punished. Even a slap on the wrist by John, normally had people looking a touch more traumatised but Jasper looked almost satisfied.

Justice blinked as he realised what he had just thought. Jaspar hadn't, had he? Justice looked a little closer at Elison who didn't look the same. Just what had gone on between the two of them? Had Jasper taken Justice upon his advice about enjoying the situation? If so. It seemed only Jaspar had gotten any real pleasure out of it and most likely knew it from the smirk on his lips. Jaspar was making no effort to be subtle with his pleased attitude.

Elison looked like he desperately wanted to pin the man down on a hard surface and fuck him silly. Elison's currently dark red eyes were pinned to Jaspar's butt as the seer sat and played the piano like most nights. Jaspar actually seemed to be humming along, shifting his hips with the beat. Definitely not the behaviour of someone who had recently been punished.

The door burst open making Justice jump slightly. A well-dressed woman stomped into the bar, or at least a woman could with 6-inch heels on. She was wearing a long elegant dress which flowed down her slender body with a slit at her left upper thigh. The dress was black with a neckline which dipped low to show off what little breasts she had. The woman's hair was pinned up at the back and curls cascaded down over one shoulder. Her face was covered in makeup to make it look flawless, her eyes decorated with mascara and eyeliner which made her brown eyes glitter and stand out sharply. Her lipstick was a soft pink colour, unlike the woman's normal bright red which made Justice blink twice before realising who was in their midst.

"Evening, Warden. What can I get you tonight?" Justice asked politely, not even blinking as she snarled wordlessly for a moment. Justice was almost too used to people stomping in late at night in a foul mood. This was the first time it was a woman in a posh dress, Maria or not, but he knew when people came to the Rook in moods like this, it was to drink and vent about whatever that caused their bad mood.

"Glass of your finest whisky," she finally settled on in English, having been snarling in a dragon language with a dash of mandarin mixed in. The look in her eyes making her look about ready to murder someone, the colours flashing between brown, yellow and black.

"I must say, Warden, you look stunning tonight," Oct purred from his normal spot at the bar, daring to put a subtle flirt out to the furious warden. Justice resisted the urge to smirk as Maria looked at the man and blowed dark black smoke into his face, making him Oct cough.

"Bite me, demon spawn," Maria snarled, knocking the glass of whisky down in one go. "Another please," she ordered darkly, slamming the glass down with some force. Justice flinched at the sound but began to pour the woman a second drink.

"I was being nice," Oct chuckled, not taking any offence to the insult, waving the smoke away with one hand. "Any reason you're dressed up?" he asked. The question coming from a man who never took his trench coat off because of his demon attributes. Not all demon spawn were as lucky as Elison to not only have full control over their demon but not have any extra appendages which marked them as otherworldly. Justice knew Oct had a few strange things on his body which made many people uncomfortable around him and therefore he kept the coat on by habit.

"Police ball. I was 'expected' to attend," Maria growled as she took a sip of her whisky this time. She frowned at the taste, looking at Justice with a confused look. "Is this really your best stuff?" she asked Justice, who shrugged.