Never Been Prouder

Emily really slowed down in the upcoming months. We met every day nonetheless. She worked hard, she studied a lot and she got back to music as well. We moved together one month before her graduation. She was so happy about it. I met her mother's boyfriend as well. He was okay, definitely much better than Rob. Emily liked him and as I could see he liked her too. And he was very fond of Jessica. That was what mattered to Emily the most. Our life was getting back to normal, except for the fact Bianca didn't take well that we got back together, at all. For some reason Emily wanted to remain friends with her. She claimed that she changed, but it was hard to believe from my perspective.

On the graduation day Ally took care of everything considering the party: the food, the music, the guests, literally everything.

Emily stood there in front of me not much before the graduation ceremony, staring at the ground, searching for words. I could see that she kept searching for her pockets even under her robe. I gently kissed her on the cheek.

"I've never been prouder of you." I smiled.

"Really?"

"Who would've thought you'd come this far?"

"I guess I should feel offended. But you're right, I was a disaster. I was so ready to die. Right now I can't get enough time with you."

"I know you're trying really hard to slow down." I took her hand "I really appreciate it."

"Yeah, I know. I mean, we still have plenty of time, right? You're not leaving me anymore."

"If I didn't love you I'd leave you, you know."

"But you do." she looked at me suddenly "I know that you do."

"I love you." I kissed her on the cheek.

"I need to go."

"I know."

"We're partying hard tonight."

"The hardest, love."

She kissed me on the lips before she got on her way. I joined the others to sit through the ceremony. When I sat back Jessica looked at me.

"How is she?" she asked.

"She's fine, a little bit nervous I guess. You're joining for the afterparty, right? You haven't even seen the house yet!"

"For a little bit, yeah."

"Stay for dinner at least."

"What did you do to her?" she started whispering as the ceremony began "Besides loving her, I mean."

"I asked her to slow down."

"That's all?" she chuckled "She looks calmer than anytime before."

"I'm doing my best." I smiled.

The ceremony was long and boring. Who cared about the statistics anyway? I kept looking at Emily and smiled everytime our eyes met, she blushed and looked away, like we wouldn't have been together. I loved it, I just didn't know why she felt so embarrassed. We met in the parking lot afterwards. She buried her head in my chest immediately.

"I need to change. Right now."

"Hold on." I chuckled.

"I'm so proud of you, honey." Jessica caressed her back.

"You're coming, right?" she looked at her "You need to, at least for dinner!"

"Yes, yes, okay."

"Oh, and Willow, Kayla and Brett are coming over to party." she looked at me.