"So how much are tickets?" I smile over at Zayn, the car slowly warming up as he navigates his way through traffic. Zayn and I are in his uncle's Land Rover - Zayn's BMW wasn't made for snow.

"Tickets?" Zayn glances at me for a second before relaxing into his seat with a puzzled look on his face.

"Tickets for airfare. For Bradford." I laugh, a shiver rippling through my body. The cold slowly peeling away with the heat of the car.

"I bought them already, don't worry." He says in a calming low voice. I roll my eyes and shake my head,

"Well how much do I owe you?" I intertwine Zayn's fingers in my hand, letting the warmth of his touch spread through my body.

"I invited you Juliet, I don't expect you to pay for anything." He smirks at me for a moment.

His attention returning to the snow covered roads. Plows were making their way around the main roads - clearing them off. They haven't gotten many of the roads done, the snow is coming down quite a lot.

"Well I should pay for something. I mean I don't want to just-"

"Eleanor and I paid for you and Lou. You don't see Louis complaining do you?" Zayn uses a authoritative tone while giving me a warning look. I don't answer; I just purse my lips and sigh.

"Well... I'll buy you and your family dinner." I claim with a smile.

"You're going to buy my two sisters, my mom, Eleanor, Louis, Dean and me dinner?" He asks. I stare in confusion for a moment.

"Dean?" I raise an eyebrow, looking at him. He focuses on the road and won't look at me. It's quiet for a moment before he clears his throat and adjusts himself in his seat.

"Eleanor's dad." Zayn explains. I try not to notice how Zayn won't call him his dad or even step-dad.

"Yes." I nod with a smile. "I intend to buy dinner for all for you. Louis can pay for himself though." I tease with a smile. Zayn doesn't laugh at my joke, he just stares at the road.

"Juliet I don't want you paying for anything on this trip and I don't want you to feel like you owe me or my family anything - especially me." He breathes in a low voice.

I stare at him for a silent moment. I wasn't about to let him spend all his money at Christmas for this trip. There were things I wanted to get - souvenirs for Sarah and my family. He wasn't going to pay for that - I wouldn't let him.

"I won't go if you don't let me pay for something." I say with a firm tone. Zayn lets out a frustrated breath and runs his hand through his hair before returning it to my fingers.

"How about you buy me coffee one morning?" I stare at him and he won't look at me. Licking my lips I sigh, knowing this is the most I'll get from him right now.

"Breakfast it is." I smile at my change of meal. Zayn doesn't say anything to that but I see him smirk.

~ ~ ~

Class is not cancelled Friday despite the decent amount of snow on the ground. Waking up in my apartment I start some coffee before class. Looking out the window I see the cleared off streets.

The rest of Boulder is beautiful though. White covers the roofs of buildings, the tops of cars, the trees and grass. It honestly looks like a picture perfect winter wonderland. Freshly fallen snow, the Rocky Mountains to the West are absolutely stunning - all white caps, covered with snow.

I always disliked the day after the first snowfall. The snow would always turn to slush and get kicked around. The serene untouched powder look it had now would disappear after lunchtime.