• chapter ten ;

Start from the beginning

"Hyung,"

He still didn't turn. Mingyu frowned.

'Is he doing this on purpose or he couldn't really hear me?'

"Hyung."

Mingyu wanted to hit someone with the garden's shovel—which is used for digging and burying—right at the moment.

"WONWOO HYUNG!"

He still didn't turn. Mingyu stepped towards him and tried to see his face under the moonlight—yes, the moon is alive tonight. And when Mingyu did, he realized that the older had snoozed off and drifted off to sleep.

Mingyu sighed. He sat down beside Wonwoo and let him rest his head on his shoulder.

"M-Mingyu. . ." The older was probably muttering in his sleep.

Mingyu raised an eyebrow. "W-What?"

"P-Please. . ."

Mingyu furrowed an eyebrow. "Please what?"

"Don't leave me."

Mingyu tumbled himself off the bench they were sitting on and rolled himself on the slope-like plain in front of the garden and eventually drowned himself on the lake which was right next to the slope—but that happened just in his mind of course. And before he could even imagine himself dying by drowning, someone had interrupted his thoughts.

"Boys? Boys. I hear boys talking."

Mingyu flinched. He turned around slowly, careful to not drop Wonwoo's head (upper head ;) ).

"Oh. Sophomore Kim Mingyu and—who's that? Is he sleeping? Is he dead?"

Mingyu glared at him. The headmaster probably doesn't recognize Wonwoo from the back. "No, headmaster—of the dorm. Knowing who he is wouldn't even do anything. What do you need from us anyways?"

"Just reminders, young child. Reminders. Curfew is moved early at 9 tonight because the staffs will be having a private meeting and no noises from any students—please. Anyone to do so, knows or do not know anything about it, will be strictly sentenced to death."

"Except spared ones, right?" Mingyu gazed at the middle-aged man.

"Spared ones? I've never heard of that." He said, pushing his glasses on the bridge of his nose. "Just 1 hour and 58 minutes before curfew. Now if you would excuse me." Then, he scurried off.

Mingyu can imagine a fully-bloomed flower from one of the bushes suddenly withering through his peripheral vision.

Why hasn't that old man heard of spares? That's weird.

Mingyu furrowed his eyebrows.

Something smells fishy. Something feels odd. Something is off.

It's really strange.

Just then, he suddenly remembered about curfew.

"Hyung, wake up." Mingyu shook Wonwoo's body, waking him up. The older male lifted his head from Mingyu's shoulder, squinting his eyes trying to analyze where he was.

Mingyu broke the silence. "Hey." Wonwoo turned to him.

Wonwoo suddenly flinched. "Uh—hey."

"Why were you here?" Asked Mingyu. "Why were you staying here? Where were you last night?"

Wonwoo gazed unto his eyes, satisfied with all the pleasurable glinting. "I was at the library, studying."

That's when it struck Mingyu. Mingyu never went to the library except when either Yugyeom and Jungkook forces him to go with them there, which he thinks had been a thousand times already when in fact they were all just new to the school as in like a few weeks ago. Speaking of which, he had never seen that closet on the restricted section, has he?

"Hyung, did you kill Jungkook?"

Wonwoo looked at him, eyes wide. "What are you talking about?"

"Hyung, just tell me. Did you kill Jungkook or not?"

Wonwoo pursued his lips. "So what if I did?"

Mingyu's heart dropped. "Hyung, why?"

"I just wanted someone." Wonwoo said, a tear falling on his cheek. "So I killed him."

Mingyu stayed silent, urging the older to go on.

"You know what, Mingyu? I always studied everything about my own cousin. I always seeked something he has that I don't have—well, except for our blood, that is. I envied everything about him. I even practiced his handwriting." Wonwoo breathed out, sighing the cold air. "I was never in the clinic, Mingyu. Having a broken arm is nothing. Think about it, Mingyu, I was just in the library."

Mingyu's jaw imaginally dropped. "You even built that closet?"

Wonwoo nodded. "I discovered he had claustrophobia when we were children, so I thought he could easily suffocate. Sorry, Mingyu. I just wanted to get what I want, but I guess I got carried far away. . ."

Mingyu seemed mute. He was speechless, he didn't know what to speak. Meanwhile, Wonwoo just cried harder.

"I just wanted you, Mingyu. It was just you who I wanted. . ." Wonwoo croaked through his sobbing. "You and Jungkook were so close, you even accepted his love."

Mingyu frowned. 'Love?'

"I love you Mingyu, I really do. My love for you is like all these flowers here, blooming prettily when meanwhile, your love for me is dead like all the buried people beneath this soil."

Mingyu gaped at him.

"We were just friends. I took his love as a friend. He was never more than that." Mingyu leaned in to Wonwoo, hugging him tight. "Sorry, Wonwoo. I didn't know you loved me. . . Sorry."

"Sorry about murdering someone too. I'm really sorry."

"It's okay. And I don't think I can return my feelings, at least for now."

"It's okay too. I can give you time."

The blooming flowers under the moonlight were beautiful, and so was the scene.

They were so tranced in hugging that they didn't notice someone step in the garden.

"Mingyu, where have you been? Who are you talking to? The dean is calling you to his office about Jeon Jungkook's case. Seungkwan-ssi is there already—oh my god."

Mingyu flinched in utter shock. "It's not what you think, Yewon!"

"Well, it's what I think!" The female shouted back.

"Go away!" Mingyu shouted.

Wonwoo just awkwardly laughed, a real smile forming on his face. Let's not forget the cutest nose crunch.

And one more thing, Mingyu thought of the school's garden as Wonwoo's location because he knew the older loved flowers and dreamed being a florist as a part time job on college one time during middle school, yet the determination was kept in his heart because as college students, they had nowhere to go and was stuck in this insane school—as what Soonyoung would call it.

But he didn't knew Wonwoo loved him more than pretty blooming flowers under the moonlight.

I hung out with friends earlier this afternoon and also did Christmas shopping so I was really stressed

And also, shameless promo

Check out my other mystery/thriller SVT fic titled 'stuck' ;)💕