Chapter Thirty-five

Start from the beginning

Excusing both of us, quickly, I took the woman by her hand and pulled her away from the other women. I led her into a small room that was packed with decorating items and I realised we were in a storage room.

I rounded on the woman. She was a petite little thing. "What is your name?"

"Isabelle Price, my Princess."

"Well, Lady-"

"I am not a lady my princess. Neither is my husdand a Lord."

"Okay, Isabelle, how do you know that the Queen cheated on the king? You shouldn't make such accusations in public."

"It's not an accusation. I know because..." She paused.

This I have to hear. "Well?" I prompted.

She looked straight at me. "Because she cheats with my husband." And she began to cry.

I gasped again. My face was drained of all colour and my heart beat increased. Oh my God! Could this woman's husband be Lahran's father? I needed to know more. Maybe there's still a chance to stop their plans.

I took her hands in mine. "I am really sorry about your husband but I need to ask you a few questions. Is that alright?"

She nodded.

"When did you know he was cheating?"

She cleaned her eyes and replied. "A few weeks ago. A car came to drop him off and I was curious. I stood by our bedroom window and saw my husband come out of the car. He looked angry. Then the car door opened again and the Queen stepped out. She rushed after him and pulled him close to herself. After a few minutes, they went back into the car and my husband didn't come out until about 30minutes later." She sniffed.

"Did you confront him?"

Her eyes became wide. "No! He would kill me!" She breathed.

I sucked in my breath. I was furious. "Does...does he beat you?"

She hesitated. "Yes..." She began crying again.

"I am so sorry, Isabelle." I pulled her into my arms and comforted her. I needed to see Ovian now. He needs to know so he can send his security people to catch him. But first I need to confirm if we were talking about the same man.

"Isabelle, can you please describe your husband?"

She nodded. "He is unmistakable my princess. He has a full head of golden hair and gold coloured eyes."

It's been confirmed! "Where is he now? Is he here?"

"I don't know. Although, he said he wasn't coming, but I can't be too sure. He could still come..."

"It's alright. Do you have children?"

She began to cry again. "No," she sobbed. "I have... I can't..."

A huge sadness gripped my heart. I could feel this woman's pain. She couldn't have children and she was being cheated on by her husband with the Queen.

I turned her to face me. "Isabelle, I need you to listen to me. I know you are older than I am but right now there are some things I know that you do not know. So when I tell you everything is going to be alright, I need you to believe me. Okay?"

She nodded. "Thank you my princess."

I grimaced. "Don't thank me yet." I said under my breath. "Let's go. You will go back to the party and behave like all is well. Do not tell anyone all that you just told me, okay? You don't know who among the women is loyal to the Queen. So when you get back there, you are to say. You were drunk okay?"