Chapter 8- the curse

For the hundredth time this week I try to open the book. Maybe it won't open in my house, maybe I have to get out. I took my car keys, the book and my purse.

"Where are you go...." my dad started to say but stopped when he saw the book in my head. "Oh no. God no."

"What's wrong?" I asked. He's freaking me out.

"Where are you going with that book?" He asked.

"Somewhere quiet to read it." I said, confused by his reaction.

"Isn't the house quiet enough?" He asked.

"Umm......." I was at a loss of words. "Look I can't open the book and I thought maybe it would open somewhere outside the house."

"What do you mean you can't open it? You're mom used to open it just fine." He knew about the book! how come he didn't tell me.

"Here look!" I handed him the book.

He couldn't open it. He tried opening and he couldn't.

"If you know what's in it just tell me." I said.

"It's a little complicated" he paused "Not everyone reads the book and you're mom didn't really tell me much. Lets think of a way to open it cause you have to read it." After thinking for five minutes he said "I know who can help us. I will be down in a minute."

I stayed silent the whole ride and didn't even ask where we were going. The drive was 2 hours and when we finally arrived I recognized the house. It was my mother's best friend's house, Lauren smith. We haven't really talked to her since the death of my mom.

We knocked on the door and the woman i recognize as Lauren had a wide smile on her face. " You like exactly like your mom."after staring at me for five minuets she finally said "come on in."

We followed her into a big room, which I suppose is the living room. "Your here for the book right?" She said. I was confused for a moment, how did she know? "Are you just gonna stand there or come in to find a way and open the book. "

I followed her into a dark room, and my eyes widened At the sight of room, it looked like the kind of room you see in a witch movie...

After looking into some books she said "Do you have your mother's necklace?"

I nodded giving it to her. She looked at it for a while and opened it. I didn't know we could open it.

"When you leave here drop your dad at home and follow this necklace north until it sparkles and sit in the same exact spot. The book will open only there." She said.

"But why can't I just open the book now?" I asked. This was all so confusing.

"It's um..........." I felt like there was so much she wouldn't tell me. "It's cursed. A hunter cursed it."

"Who? What hunters?" I asked.

"I can't say more. You read the book and you will find out everything." She said already leaving the room.

We left. I dropped my dad at home and went as she told me. I arrived and the book actually opened.

--------------------------------

Please!! comment what you think of the story so far,and if u have any ideas fell free to share and VOTE!!! hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Peace :D