|19|

¥Ava¥

I sat on the bed late at night with a troubled mind- the other day still ate at my heart. Toni was still hurt and I've been trying my best to comfort her but there's so much that I can only do. How could somebody you worship turn their back on the one that they gave birth to just because of who she chooses to love? I often feel guilty everytime I think of that day and think that maybe this was my fault-if I had just left her alone this wouldn't have happened. There's another part that just wants to protect her and love her to death like I said I would.

"Hey"I heard

"Babe...what are you doing here so late" I asked standing up

"You don't want me here"Toni asked

"No I just wasn't expecting you especially not at this time of night"

"I know but I couldn't sleep"Toni said softly joining me on the bed

"My baby...tell me what's the matter"I cooed

"I just missed you"

"So you drove all the way across town for me"I sat up smiling

"I'll do anything for you"Toni said staring me down

"Oh baby"

This woman is truely something else but I love her just the same- she ride, I ride...she fights, I fight...she dies, I die.

"Can you hold me baby"she asked

"Yea come here"

I held her in my arms tightly afraid she'd float away from me. The room was quiet but it was comfortable-the sounds of out hearts beating could be heard from miles away.

"Toni can I ask you something"I said breaking the silence

"Anything"

"What made you change your mind"

"What do you mean baby"she asked sitting up

"What made you change your mind about being with me"

"Why are you asking me this"Toni said

"I just wanted to know also I kinds feel guilty"I admit

"Guilty for what"

"Few days ago"

"Oh baby no there's nothing to feel guilty about you did nothing wrong and if you must know... I had a change of mind and heart because with you I feel something that I've never felt with anyone before and I can't help that I wear my heart on my sleeves"Toni explained.

"I know but I can't help it... I know you and your mother were the closest"

"Babe let's just forget about the whole thing alright it happened and there's nothing I can do about it she feels how she feels and I can't change her or her opinions about me."

"Have you told your sisters"

"No but knowing them they probably already know especially Tamar"

"Yea I don't doubt that"

"You going over her house tomorrow" I asked

"I have a feeling that I'm gonna have to anyways 'cause I'm sure I'm gonna get a phone call from Tamar early in the morning"

"Well in that case go get some sleep you have a long ass day ahead of you" I told her laughing

Hey it's not much but it's something lol I was bored do I wrote "something". This book is almost at its end so yea oh and sorry for any mistakes and grammatical errors I have very fast 😘💋