Chapter 53

Draco's POV:

When you love someone, it's hard to let them go. It hurts, deep down in your heart. A place so far down, you don't even know about it. And then comes the fear you didn't even know you had. It's there, always there, lurking behind the shadows. It's waiting for you to lose your confidence and take over you body with its dark tendrils.

The fear of losing someone is heart stopping and mind breaking. It's a terrible feeling that no one should go through. Then there is the fear of not losing them, but consciously worrying that something could seriously happen to them. And I know its selfish of me to want Harry to stay and not kill Voldermort, he has the weight of the Wizarding world on him, but I just want to protect him. And it's hard to do so with things at every turn we make together.

"And you know, that when the times comes, certain things happen. And if those things do happen, I want you to promise me one thing." I can't boldly promise you Harry, but I will try. I turned in his arms from the window and looked into his dulling, dark eyes. Ever so slowly, I nodded my head, hoping for an escape out of what I know is coming.

"Draco, promise me that if I did in the war, you'll move on. I don't want you to coop yourself up and grieve. Because you're keeping yourself away from everyone. And there are people out there that care for you, despite what your beliefs are. And I know that you are a good person and that this mark has nothing on you." Hot tears pricked my eyes at his soft words and I nearly argued with him about people caring for me when he grabbed my left arm and rubbed his fingers in slow motions over the now tingling mark. Why Harry? Why must you do this to me?

The welling tears fell over the rims of my eyes and Harry leaned in, his lips coming in contact with my cheekbones, ridding them of the tears. "Don't cry baby, everything will be alright. But you gotta move on. I will always be looking over you and keeping you safe. But for my sake, go find someone and give them your love. Ok? Can you do that?" No. No I can't. I can't do anything. My brain can't even function to process this... THIS! Whatever it is. But to make Harry happy, I gave a small nod and he tugged me into his arms.

I can't comprehend anything at the moment. It's all there in my mind, but it was blurred and out of reach. I wanted to pull away from Harry and shout and scream at him. I wanted to cry and wreck everything. Go on a rampage. But I knew that none of that would solve my problem, so I kept quiet and continued to sniffle and sob every now and then.

"Draco, one more thing." I nearly yanked myself out of his arms to scream and cry at him. I very nearly did. Because I couldn't take another thing like that. It already hurts me so much. Like a weight on my shoulder, and I feel like if something else gets added on, I'll topple over and break myself. And I'm not ready for that. But Harry's soothing arms rubbing up and down my back calmed me down so I felt more level headed then I did five seconds ago.

He eventually pulled away and held me just in front of him. I feel like I'm going to explode with tears and sadness. Raind espresso on on everybody's parade. "You are my love and my only life. You are the most special and important person to me and I want to be close to you before we fight in the war. And I know that we've had many ups and downs, but whats a good couple without obstacles to overcome? If you choose to accept, I promise I'll always be here." Harry's words shocked me into reality and I have no idea what he is talking about. All it's doing is confusing me. Then I felt him lay a hand on my chest, where my heart should be, if I had one. I looked down at his hand before meeting his eyes, which now held a livelier look to them.

I'm still not sure I understand the perceptive of the situation, so I stayed motionless and looked at Harry with a blank expression that I've been wearing a lot lately. I watched as he took a breath, nervously, before swallowing. "Draco, my life would never be complete without you and if you choose not to accept, I understand your decision and reasons. And I won't hate you for it if you say no. I'll just love you even more. So, what I'm trying to say is," Harry stepped back from me a little way before getting on one knee, and grabbing my hands with his own.