Chapter 38

Harry's POV:

"Hurry up Harry." Draco rapped on the bathroom door, impatient as ever. "Just wait, would you. I'm making myself beautiful." I looked at myself in the mirror. My shaggy black hair flopped over my eyes, so I pushed it back to reveal sparkling green ones. "You're already beautiful enough. Let's go." Awh, Draco still manages to be lovely even when he's being impatient.

"Alright. I'm coming." I took one last look in the mirror, examining myself dressed in tight dark wash jeans and a grey knit jumper. It was perfectly comfortable. The boots on my feet covered up to my ankles, and I really liked them. Turning around, I up clicked the lock on the door and opened it.

Draco was standing in front of me with his arms crossed and a small frown on his face. "You took forever. But you look beautiful." I blushed at the compliment as I looked Draco over. He was wearing something similar, only black tight jeans and a white jumper. Who let him near muggle clothing. And why would they do that? He's killing me now.

"So do you." I murmured and walked into his embrace. I could feel Draco's nose snuffling around in my hair and then on my neck. What is he doing? "You smell lovely!" Do I now? I smirked against his shoulder and let out a small chuckle. "Shan't we be going, mister Draco?" A cocky smile came over Draco's lips as he pulled away, grabbing me by the hand. "Alright then, let's go."

Together, we snuck out of the Castle and down to the Black Lake.

~

Draco had planned a boat ride and now I was sitting in a boat in the middle of the lake. My legs were dangling over the edge of the boat, up to my calfs in water. I had my jeans rolled up at the knees, and my feet were tingling from the cold water.

I watched Draco as he watched the sunset, making littler noises of appreciation every so often. He hadn't slicked his hair back today, instead choosing to leave it soft atop his head. Draco was sitting up in the boat, one leg up to his chest and the other crossed on the boat floor. I splashed my feet gently, every so often.

When I looked back at Draco, he had a small frown on his lips and he looked deep in thought. I sat upright, instead of leaning against the boat edge, and turned to Draco. "What are you thinking about?" I laid a hand on his thigh and his eyes shot to mine. Something flashed in them, but it was too quick for me to tell what it was.

"Oh nothing. Just my thoughts drifting off and a lot of stuff." He softly answered and went back to staring off. "This is wonderful. Thank you for bringing me out here." I murmured to Draco and shifted my body so I was laying back down with my head on his thigh. Absentmindedly, he brought a hand to my hair and began playing with it.

"You're welcome. I love you, you know that? A whole lot. More than I could ever count and more than you could ever know." What a beautiful, sappy idiot I have. I grinned up at Draco and lifted a hand to trace along his jaw line. I love the feeling of his smooth skin passing under my fingertips.

"I know. And so do I. You mean the world to me. Please don't leave me again. That was the most awful two weeks of my life. It was worse than when uncle Vernon used to beat me..." I trailed off softly and my hand dropped from Draco's face. His smile faltered and his eyes held a pained look. Did I say something wrong? Slowly I sat up and retracted from Draco. Maybe I did say something wrong. Dammit, I always do that and I don't even know it.

"Where are you going?" Draco smooth voice called over my shoulder as his hand clasped around my wrist, pulling me back to his chest. "I thou- you were- I don- I-" I sighed, giving up on speaking. "Relax, you did nothing wrong. It was just the thought of your uncle beating you. And when you compared me leaving you to that thought, it hurt a lot. And I'm really sorry for that." There was an uneasy look in Draco's eyes and an off note in his voice, but I decided to leave it alone.