Chapter 2

4 April 1965

ADALINE'S POV

The light shining through the window is what woke me up the next morning. Forgetting where I was at first, I looked down to see  Paul's arms wrapped around me. I couldn't help but smile, it felt wonderful waking up like this. Shifting around I tried to not wake him up, but I failed at that.

"Morning, love."

"Morning. I'm sorry if I woke you."

"You didn't, I was starting to wake up anyway. How ye feeling this morning? I didn't expect to wake up feeling this great, you were amazin' love."

I blushed lightly, recalling our excitement from the night before. "I feel fantastic. Last night was wonderful too, Paul, it really was."

He grinned before getting up and slipping on his boxers. "How bout I go make us a cuppa? Do ye prefer tea or coffee?"

"Tea, please."

Paul nodded and went to the downstairs. After laying in bed for a few more minutes, I grabbed his dress shirt from the previous night and slipped it on. Making my way to the kitchen there was a cup of tea and a muffin sitting on the table for me. The two of us sat at the kitchen table and chatted for most of the morning.

I couldn't believe how much we had in common, finally there was someone out there that I could really talk music to. The more we talked, the more I felt drawn to him. It wasn't too long until we slowly began to lean in towards each other to kiss.

"PAUL MCCARTNEY, WHAT THE BLOODY HELL ARE YOU DOING?!"

I pulled away and turned to see a thin, red-headed woman standing by the entryway. Glancing over at Paul I saw his face go pale before jumping up towards her.

"You went and cheated on me?!"

"Janey, love, please.. It was a mistake, she doesn't mean anything to me." He said, grabbing her hands and holding her close to him.

"We get into one little argument and then I find you off with some slut you probably met at a bar. You seriously couldn't control yourself."

I quickly looked up at her when she used the word slut. Excuse me? I had no clue the two of you were still together.

"Jane, being with her made me realise how much I love you and only want to be with you. She..she means nothing to me. I made a mistake and I only want you.."

They both turned and looked at me. Before either one of them could say anything I made my way upstairs and quickly changed into my clothes. Coming back downstairs I saw the two of them sitting at the kitchen table talking. Paul looked over at me, but I walked out before he could see the tears in my eyes.

~~~

After walking around for what seemed to last forever, I finally made it home. I tried to make it up to my room before Meredith could see me, but as usual I wasn't quick enough.

"You're home? I wondered when you would be, it's almost noon. What the bloody hell have you and pretty boy been doing all.." Before she could say more she saw the hurt expression on my face. "Addie, what's wrong? What did he do?"

"Paul's the biggest arsehole I ever met!" I shook my head, wiping my eyes. "All he wanted was a good shag since he and his girlfriend were fighting. He used me.."

"Are ye kidding? He's still with her? No pretty boy musician gets away with hurting my best friend! If you need to cry about it you know I'm here.."

"I know, thanks Mere. I just need some air, I'll be back in a few minutes," I told her. With that I slipped on my shoes and walked out of my flat.

RINGO'S POV

Surprisingly there weren't too many people out and about today. Lucky for me I was just able to stand outside and enjoy me smoke. Looking around I took in the city scenery before a certain person caught my eye.

"Adaline? Well hullo neighbour! Fancy finally seeing you round here!" I said with a small chuckle. She looked up at me, it looked like she'd been crying.

"Hello Ringo. It is nice to finally see you in the neighbourhood. 'ow are ye?"

"I'm not doin' too bad. Love, what's wrong? I can tell you've been cryin'."

She shifted uncomfortably in place, looking down as she shook her head. "It's nothin'. I'm fine..really.."

"You went out with Paul last night, did he do something to you?"

She remained quiet for a good few moments, I could tell she was fighting telling me the truth.

"Adaline, you can tell me. I don't care if Paul is one of me best mates or not, I know the kind of man he is."

"We went out for drinks and after we went back to his flat. I can guess you know what happened from there. Then this morning it was wonderful; we were talking, gettin' along perfect until his girlfriend showed up. She flipped out and he claimed that I was a mistake and I don't mean anything to him. I didn't even know they were together. I guess I'm mostly just hurt, but I feel foolish more than anything."

Honestly, Paul's actions don't surprise me. He's done it before and he'll do it again, but I do feel bad for her. We just met her and she's already been sucked into Paul's trap.

"You're not foolish, Paul's just a character." I pulled her to me and hugged her tightly. "Come on, I think you need a cuppa. Also you can meet me wife, Maureen."

Though she was a bit hesitant at first, Adaline happily agreed and we made our way inside. Dear lord, let's hope McCartney doesn't mess with this one again.