Chapter 3 - They All Do

- Autumn's Point of View -

I would've turned on my heel and sat next to Rita if it were my choice. Instead, I was forcefully sitting next to my dad as he acted young and cool around those five boys.

He had interrogated me the night before on how I knew one of his clients. He didn't know Harry, because he and mum had become distant long before the divorce and before we actually got closer to Anne and her family. It was better that way, less awkward than it already was.

I crossed my legs and acted busy, when I was actually playing a game on my phone. I could feel stares and wasn't brave enough to look up and see who was the culprit.

They were discussing something about the album and schedules. I didn't exactly care, so I wasn't paying any attention whatsoever. It wasn't like I was going to be able to pay attention if I wanted to in the first place. He was here.

I got out of my seat, fed up with the quiet stares, and walked inside, despite my father's silent pleas to stay. I wasn't some sort of magnet that was keeping them. They weren't going to agree with my dad's ideas just because I was there. I was of no importance.

I heard a quiet 'excuse me' and footsteps coming inside. I rolled my eyes, knowing who it was. Ignoring the footsteps coming to a stop directly in front of where I was sitting, I picked up a book and started reading, not caring what it was. After a few seconds of reading and ignoring his clearing of throats to get attention from me, I realized I was reading a Harry Potter book. I turned to the cover and grinned at the worn out drawing.

"You're still difficult to reach, I see," he said, and I looked up.

"The bathroom's over there," I pointed toward where I had shown Niall and Liam only twenty minutes ago.

He shook his head, "I don't need it. I wanted to talk to you."

"You already are," I said and turned back to my book, ignoring his annoyed sigh.

He grabbed my book and held it out of arm's reach, giving me a satisfied smile when I crossed my arms and looked at him, "I'm listening."

"Hi!" he said loudly, grinning and moving closer to give me a hug.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and squeezed me tightly, while I stiffly waited for him to let go. It was like getting a hug from a stranger, but worse.

He pulled back, "Tough crowd."

I let out a small laugh, "Always."

"So," he said, sitting on the armrest of my chair, "What's happened back home since I left?"

I shrugged, "Nothing, really. At the beginning of when you left, Will kept gloating about how his best friend was famous."

"What do you mean by at the beginning?"

"No one in town really cares anymore," I said, being honest, "We've moved on."

"I mean," I continued, realizing it sounded rude, "We're proud of you and all, but it's not that big of a news anymore."

He nodded, "I understand."

"Everyone still loves you, though," I blurted out.

He turned and smiled, jumping on my lap and hugging me, "Even you, Grumpy?"

"Don't get your hopes too high," I replied and he laughed.

He hugged me tightly, "Don't worry. You'll fall in love with me eventually."

"Excuse me?" I said, raising one eyebrow at him.

He just grinned at me like the cocky bastard that he was and shrugged, "They all do."