9/

"Eomma, isn't that girl too young to have a baby?"
"Shh, don't say that out loud, Yooin."

It had already become a familiar remark to Seyoung; hearing innocent children ask their mothers why a young teenager like her would already have a baby.

At first, she'd become embarrassed and would ran away from those people who've called her 'slut' or 'whore' but now, she realized it was her decision, and this was the outcome of her immaturity.

It was snowing outside so she had to find a warm place to go to since it was really becoming heavy. And so, she found herself looking at Christmas souvenirs inside a local antique shop.

Seyoung didn't really know where to go; she lied to Eunwoo and now, she lied to herself telling that she'd find a shelter for her and her baby.

She was miles away from the university and there was no turning back for her. If she did, all would be useless; talking to Hyunsik would be useless, the money she spent on two buses would be useless, even the coat that the shop owner handed to her would be all as well ending up in the trash.

The shop's owner was an old lady who let her stay inside. She was too kind that she even gave her a hot drink to warm herself up. She was curious about why she was alone and . . . why she was pregnant at that age. And that's how they started a conversation that lasted for hours.

The sky had now become dark.

It all seemed like the hours just went by like seconds. She wanted to ask the lady if she could stay a little longer, moreover, ask if she could stay for the night.

Of course, she was really embarrassed and shy to ask that. But what could a poor pregnant teenager like her could do in the middle of the heavy snow at night?

Just then, the bell that had been hung over the door rang, signaling another customer had entered.

"Halmoni, I brought the socks you asked for."
"Aw, that's great! Just leave it there at the table."

It didn't seem like the person who entered was a customer. It was a guy and he had walked past her while she sat on the stool beside a counter as she munched on her third sausage roll.

"Oh, halmoni, do you want to set these boxes aside or—"
"You don't have to, Binnie. I'll just have those get— do you know each other?"

Time stopped.

But snow continued falling from the sky.

Two pairs of eyes stared at each other.

Mouths opened ajar; surprised . . . shocked.

And an unfinished sausage roll fell on the floor.