8/

"So where are you going to stay now?"
"I have a friend outside the town. I'll stay with her."

There they sat on the bench. It was a typical sight; a boy and a girl sitting side by side, alone. Others would first think of them as a couple, but no.

They weren't lovers nor anything relatively close to that kind of relationship. They were just mere friends.

"Eunwoo-ah, don't tell him about this, okay?"

Mr. Has-it-all was his nickname and every girl on campus were head over heels for him. But not Choi Seyoung.

Although she wasn't interested in being involved with him, he still was a loyal friend to her. In fact, right after he knew what had happened when he helped Jinwoo looked for Hyunsik's room, he threatened the jock that he'd get revenge on him by having him expelled; something you wouldn't expect from the mouth of a nice guy.

"But he should know about this. He's your brother after all."
"No, he's nothing to me anymore."

And he said nothing more.

All he knew was she didn't want any more pointless convincing from him nor from anyone who knew about her situation. All she wanted now was to get away from that university as soon as possible . . . even if it was in the middle of the holidays.

He accompanied her to the bus station, concerned that she'd wait under the cold weather alone. The bus arrived not long after, and that was their final goodbye . . . at least for now.

"Promise me you'll never tell him."
"I promise."

She took the bus and he waved goodbye . . . as his other hand was behind his back with his fingers crossed.

"Sorry Seyoung, no promises this time."