Let's Talk About YouTube Rewind

YouTube Rewind 2017 was released today, so I'd like to take a moment of your time to review over it.  I'll be giving a lot of my own opinion, so if you don't like that, you don't have to read.  Also, this chapter is going to be quite lengthy, so be prepared to read a lot.

Here's the video so you can watch along with me as I review it scene-by-scene:

(If you're not going to watch the video, I'll just leave a big fat SPOILER ALERT here.) 

The thumbnail looks all over the place, doesn't it?  Well, that's because it matches the video just perfectly.  It's CRAZY.

Starting at the beginning of the video, Lele Pons, Liza Koshy, and Stephen Colbert kick us off.  I dunno what relation Stephen Colbert had to do with this year, but I like his show, so I'll take it.  And then the classic multi-screen shot makes an entrance.  I've always liked that part in each year's YouTube Rewind.

Then, the ever-popular "Despacito" and "Shape of You" songs play.  I thought "Despacito" was actually kinda catchy, but I've always HATED "Shape of You".  It's just too sexual for me, in my opinion. 

And of course, the quick transitions to different locations occur.  The editing in these scenes are so flawless!  Hats off to whoever edits the YouTube Rewinds each year.

But then, the video takes a very cringey turn.  Two words; Fidget spinners.  The editing in this scene is quite stunning as well, with the controlling of the train behind KSI, but the thought of a stupid trend such as this making it to YouTube rewind distracts from it.

Then it goes back to being stunning when the snow just suddenly piles on top of everyone.  It's actually kind of beautiful!  And then, cheeky as ever, Rhett and Link are standing in the middle of it.  I've watched them for many years, and I'm glad they're still being themselves!

But I couldn't make out who was standing with them because of his glasses, so I had to go to the credits.  I found out it was Colins Key!  How could I not tell that it was him???  That cheeky boi!

Then, It becomes confusing for me.  What's up with the slushie ball fight?  And the colorful slip-n-slide?  Is that something I missed out on this year?  Cuz I don't understand that.  Someone please explain that to me.

Next up, it turns even cringier.  THEY.  INCLUDED.  THE.  SHOOTING.  STARS.  MEME.

WHY?????  I mean, it's cool!  It's really cool!!  BUT WHY??????  IT WASN'T NECCESSARY!!!!!  IT WASN'T EVEN THAT VIRAL!!!!!!  JUST NO!!!!!!  STOP!!!!!!

Then Solar Eclipse references!!!!  I love it!  It's kind of selfish, though, that YouTube had to promote themselves on the glasses, when they could've just used regular ones.  It would've been cheaper, anyways.

And next......"Look What You Made Me Do" inside jokes.......*sigh*

But what I DO love about it is that they put in all of the dead trends and memes, and engraved them into tombstones!!!!  That was funny!!!!  Hats off to the person who came up with that!!!!

What WASN'T funny, however, was that they actually played All Star for a solid 5 seconds.......there were other memes they could have used.......*facepalm*

NOOOOOO NO DABBING PLEASE NOBODY WANTED THAT STOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPP SAVE US FROM THIS MONSTROSITYYYYYYYYYYYYY

*clears throat* Anyways, people are flying by, that song from that one Pepsi commercial plays, Poppy and IISuperwomanII make a brief appearance, more flying people, and then, my personal favorite part makes an entrance.

I'm SUPER happy that YouTube mentioned the many tragedies that have happened this year.  They shouldn't be ignored, because this year wasn't all sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows like all YouTube Rewind videos are.  Hurricanes, Fires, Shootings, Earthquakes, and many more things have happened all at the same time this year.  To some people, it may have seemed like all Hell had been released on Earth, but what this scene was trying to make known was that in the end, we're all in this together.  As long as we all work together as family and friends, as long as we all join hands, everything will turn around for the better in this world.

Okay, whoo!  I was starting to get a little teary-eyed there!  Until this next scene approaches, that is.  Fidget spinner disks, the Paul brothers, more slushie fights, dance battles, and fake giraffes.  That's what makes this scene the worst.  But Dan and Phil made it all better!!

THE FLOOR IS LAVA! *hops onto table* *covers head*

Oh, I was just making a reference toward the LITERAL game of "The Floor is Lava" everyone was playing in the next part!  It was actually really cool!!!!

And then, Big Shaq is literally standing on a bench which is sinking into lava, and yells "MAN'S NOT HOT!"  For some reason, that's hilarious to me.  I liked that.

EVA'S GOT A LIGHTSABERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MARK AND ETHAN AND GABBIE AND JACKSFILMS AND MANNY MUA AND HANNAH HART AND EVERYBODY ELSE ARE HAVING A DANCE PARTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ME ME BIG BOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And then everyone explodes into the distance.

"Sorry guys, looks like you were interrupted there, you were about to tell me about 2017?"

"It was-uh-it was good."

*slowly applauds* *stands up* Bravo, 2017.  Another year has come and gone.  Some people may think that this year's YouTube Rewind was worse than last year's (which it kind of was), but for the most part, it was indescribably awesome!

Tell me in the comments what you guys thought about it, and don't be afraid to make your answer long as heck like I did.  I'll read it anyways!

Thanks so much for listening (or reading) to me ramble, yet again.  You can leave, now.