24| m i s t a k e s

We all make mistakes in life. Some more than others, but I definitely have had my fair share.

Everything happened so fast. Quicker than any haste decision I've ever made in my life. In a whirlwind, Elliot and I had made love and then all of a sudden I was left more alone than I had ever been.

Elliot was arrested, and he's currently sitting in jail.

I can't exactly explain to you how it happened because I wasn't there, but I believe he was finally picked up for his hacking tendencies. His sister, Darlene, messaged me trying to inform me of what happened but she was almost as clueless.

I will visit him while he's in jail, but the one time I've spoken to him on the phone truly scared me. It's like he had disassociated completely and couldn't tell the difference between what was fake and what's real.

I miss him. So, naturally I found myself more immersed into what his sister was doing just to hold onto some part of him. That means, I got involved in fsociety. Oh yes.

I know what you're thinking, that's fucked up—but I was desperately looking for a purpose before now. And now, I have something.

I haven't spoken to Mary recently and I had all intentions of getting in contact with her and maybe reaching out so I at least had someone to talk to but I just decided to keep my problems tight lipped. Not like before, but in a new way.

I stayed at Allsafe, but I never truly will break the cusp of just another desk jockey. I will never be more than another face to them.

Angela was transferred to E Corp and somehow her and Ollie had broken up along the way, and I was thankful that I didn't have to deal with his annoyance anymore because he ended up quitting Allsafe altogether.

I haven't really spoken to David either, but if I'm being earnest; my brother is more self centered than he shows. I know he has some internalized hatred towards me because when our father was alive he showed favoritism of me and even after he died, Penelope latched onto me because I was the child who was closest to her husband and who had suffered the most trauma. I mean, I did witness my father be shot right in front of my eyes after all.

So, of course there's some animosity there. We were close before, but since he had moved out we've lost touch.

Penelope is.. well, Penelope. She will never admit there's something wrong with her perfect little life even if the whole family can see the bruises on her face. Since I moved out, I've seen dark spots all over her body—but the last time I seen her it was a black eye.

After Elliot went to jail, I most definitely snuck into his apartment and tried to find whatever I could on Joe. Maybe there was more than I had originally seen. The initial documents were enough to send him to jail, maybe they'd be enough for my mother to leave him.

I dropped the paperwork off at her doorstep and watched from my 1990 Lincoln that I had just purchased. She opened the door, opened up the manila envelope, took one look at the papers and nearly dropped to the ground in shock.

She took a look around to see if anyone was watching her but she never noticed me, she just retreated back into the house with the documents in hand.

I haven't spoken to her in a month now. I do wonder if she's okay.

My graduation from school was coming up soon, and since I was now able to begin attending face to face classes I was able to graduate quicker. I'm not going to invite anyone, I just want to get it over with.

As I previously said, I've become more immersed in the world of fsociety. Since I've been coming around, Darlene has stepped down from her previous title. She now is my right hand woman.

I don't know how it happened this way, but I'm hungry.

I'm ready for war.

I have the whole world at my finger tips now that I've became a hacker.

No one can stop me.

I am no longer M U T E.

________