08 | f e a r

BES

Elliot and I didn't talk much, we just sat in comfortable silence for a while.

Well, slightly uncomfortable for me considering there was drugs laying out so plainly in front of me, and even more uncomfortable with the fact that Elliot didn't seem to care at all.

I wondered how Shayla's death might affect him. Would he go into a deep depression? Quit his job at Allsafe? At this point, he seems really unpredictable and I'm not sure if I want to delve into his personal life further.

I can't say I necessarily hate the guy now, but the sight of those three little lines, ready to snort, almost completely turned me off. Elliot was not the guy I hoped he would be. Which, also isn't his fault considering I never quite asked the guy what he was like. At this point, I had probably hung out with Shayla more than him.

I didn't really want to go back to work. Allsafe just seemed like too much of a stuffy area to be in after such events as these. I couldn't really let them down, though. So I went.

Another tedious day went by as I sat at my desk and tried not to vision me putting my head in the oven.

Okay, I'm being dramatic. But I hate this job.

I'm not quite sure when I realized it, but I definitely know now.

Fortunately for me, I'm getting out of work early today. I am planning on stopping by David's place and stealing him for the rest of the evening. I seriously need to talk to him about this Elliot thing, even if he'll probably go nuts and hang on to every detail.

I look at the clock and I see it's time for me to go.

I pull out my phone and text David.

to David 😎: bitch, i'm coming to ur place. be ready.

from David 😎: Lol, with what vehicle? Im coming to get u!! R u at work?

to David 😎: 🙄 Shut up and yes I'm at work.

from David 😎: i'll be there soon hoe

I chuckled and put my phone in my back pocket, patiently waiting for my brother to arrive. I had walked all the way down to the main floor and out to the bench in front of the building.

I wish I could get Elliot out of my mind. Even though I'm slightly repulsed because of the drugs, it doesn't mean I don't care about how he's doing.

I would stop by his apartment again, but I'm pretty sure he wants to be alone. And high.

Gosh, I can't even begin to explain how much that grinds my gears. As I've said before, Elliot is a grown man. But choosing to turn to drugs because Shayla died? What an awful thing. I'm sure she wouldn't have condoned him using those kinds of drugs. I feel like she'd be disappointed in him.

The times I did hang out with her without him, she spoke to highly of him. From her point of view, Elliot hung the stars in the sky. She always got this look on her face when she talked about him and I could swear she was in love.

But he just wasn't. She'd cry about how he wouldn't give himself to her. He wouldn't let down his walls.

I can see why. He didn't want her to know he was a junkie.

Maybe that's kind of harsh. But I mean.. Come on. Am I supposed to pretend as if though I didn't see that? Like he didn't just let me into his apartment all willy nilly like nothing was wrong?