23.1| s i t u a t i o n s h i p

Three more chapters until the book is finished! This chapters so short because there's a part two!

BES

I exhaled through my nose and pushed open my apartment door with my feet, because my arms were full with groceries. It's been weeks since I've actually gone shopping, and it felt good to do something that reminded me of what life was like before. It was strange actually speaking to the cashier's for the first time, though.

On my way home, I stopped and bought myself a pack of cigarettes. My first pack of cigarettes, actually. I have never actually smoked until I began living here, and I've always been kind of funny about addictive substances but I needed something to take the edge off. When I entered my apartment and sat all my groceries down on the kitchen counter, I lit one up.

I coughed after the first hit, only a little bit, but then I continued smoking as I was putting my groceries away, and humming contently.

I've became quite good at pretending like I'm fine after I have a dramatic mental break down.

My phone is broken now, and I made a mental note of going to buy a new one. But now that I've actually spoken, it feels like a dam has been broken. All the words I've wanted to say have poured out within the last twenty minutes, and I can honestly say I have no idea why I was so scared.

I put some music on, Maroon 5, and began cleaning some areas in my apartment which I had neglected since I moved in. I eyed the spot on the wall, Tony, and I sighed. I have no idea what I would do if it was ever gone, it was the first thing I seen every time I walked in here.

After I chain smoked the last of my cigarettes and finished cleaning the living room, bathroom and parts of the kitchen, I sat down in my expensive chair that was bought for me when I first moved in. I suppose I never realized how comfortable it was, I've barely ever utilized it until now.

I thought back to when I stepped foot in this apartment—for the very first time. I was completely shocked by the state of it, and I thought Joe had put me in a 'hell hole' on purpose because he resented me. Months later, and now I'm thankful for everything, although Joe is still a touchy subject.

Which, leads me to another point. If Joe never would have thrown me in this place specifically, I never would have met Elliot. I'm wondering now if that would be such a terrible thing, and I know deep in my heart that I would be missing out on a good experience if I had never met him.

I probably never would have came out of my comfort zone and actually spoke, so that's something I have going for me.

Before, I never really had any contact with guys either. Maybe that sounds like a mundane thing to be glad to have met someone over, but when I met Elliot; I knew there was something there, regardless of whether or not I had cared for someone like that before.

Collecting my thoughts, I hurriedly tried to soothe myself. For some odd reason, I felt like I'd have to get ready for something, and soon.

There was a knock on my door.

Out of all the times that I actually had contact with Elliot, the only time he has knocked on my door is the night Gideon held his house party. I remembered that night like it was yesterday, and although it didn't give me much of anything to go off of, I knew I liked Elliot even back then. It seemed like only a few days ago, when in reality it's been nearly six months.

I tried to adjust my navy blue blouse so the wrinkles from not hanging it up in the closet weren't as prominent, but to no avail. I huffed loudly, as I was frustrated, but I opened the door.

"Please, before you slam the door in my face, let me say something." I stared at him for a moment.

"Go on," I muttered, turning my head.

"Can I please come in?" Elliot questioned, and I swear that I saw a flicker of desperation in his eyes.

"Sure."

And there he was. Standing in my apartment.

It's not like I can storm out now.

_______

Sorry it's so short but I just nneeeedddeeddd to upload something.