02 | b r o t h e r

A/N: Just a reminder bold is the character's phone speaking for her and italics are for when she has thoughts for the reader/inner monologue. Thank you ❤️

Hello friend. It's been exactly three days, sixteen hours and twelve minutes since my mother left me in my 'new' apartment. I've tried to become slightly adjusted by cleaning, organizing my items and even cooking myself some food.. but the body stain and odor from the city will just not come out. I guess it's time to make peace with it.

My phone dings.

Who could that be?

I check my texts and it looks like it's David.

from David 😎: Hey bitch!! Mom said u moved out?? Y didnt u tell me??

I roll my eyes. Of course she told him I chose to move out, not that she basically almost forced me and left me no choice. Nice.

to David 😎: Listen bitch.. U gotta come over. I'll explain it all when u get here.

from David 😎: of course!! i gotta check out the new bachelorette pad.. address?

I texted him the address and then set my phone down. Surprisingly David didn't actually live too far from here so I expected him to be over soon. Should I cook something? That's what normal people do.. Right?

Finishing up the fourth pasta dish that I've made since I've lived here, I look down at my masterpiece and smile. I've never actually been fond of cooking but it looks like I'm going to have to be doing a lot more of it now that I'm on my own.

There's a familiar knock on the door that draws my attention away from the food. When I open the door, David is absolutely grinning... what the hell?

"Bessssiiieeee!" He wails and then crushes me in a bear hug. "I never thought you'd escape the witches evil clutches. I'm so happy for you." I smile and nod. "So, what broke the camel's back?" I invite him in with a hand motion and walk over to the kitchen to grab my phone off the counter. David takes one look at the place and makes an audible 'gulping' noise. "Ya know, you could have moved in with me and Harry if you were going to be stuck with something this bad." Harry is David's boyfriend.. I guess.

"Well first off, I didn't choose to leave." David's shoulders sag and he lets out a loud groan. "Look, I know. But it's turning out to be more of a blessing than a curse. Joe is still paying all my bills until I get an actual job. That's an even funnier story." David raises his eyebrows.

"A job? Where at?" He questions.

"Allsafe." David shrugs.

"Not the worst thing in the world. Don't have to talk to people." He tries to reason.

"Anyways, Penelope sat me down and we had a 'heart to heart'" I do dramatic quotations with my fingers and David laughs knowing exactly what that means.

"Yeah. So, I guess it's so I can become more independent. But I don't doubt for a second that she's gonna be over here all the time. That's precisely why coming to your place would have been the worst idea ever. You wouldn't want her to find out about you and your little boy toy, would you?" David's face goes blank for a second but he laughs.

"You say that like being independent is a bad thing." I shrug. "But hey, as you said I'm going to have to tell her one way or another. Whatever. But hey! Little Bessie is all grown up." He says with a grin. I scoff.

"If you call Joe paying for all my expenses grown up, then sure. Whatever you say." I state although I know exactly what he's about to say next.

"I'm not judging. He paid for my full ride and is still paying on my second car!" My eyes go wide and I let out a loud laugh. "What!?" he yells.

"You mean Harry's car. You know if  Joe or mom ever found out they'd-"

"They'd cut me off just like Ted and Mauve did back in the day! Wonderful! I already know this, Bes. Leave it alone." I put up my hands defensively and he just crosses his arms. I see his eyes focus on something behind me so I turn around and now I know what he's staring at.

"What in the actual fuck is that?" He questions. I just shrug.

"I've decided to name it Tony. Mom said I should cover him up with one of my paintings but I decided against it. It adds character, don't you think?" David just chuckles and shakes his head.

"You named the stain?" I nod. "I don't even know how you could live in this place, Bes. It's so..." He trails off, not trying to hurt my feelings but what he doesn't know is that I absolutely agree with him on that front. It's gross and the ceiling leaks. The kitchen sink barely works and if I were twenty pounds heavier I wouldn't even be able to fit in the shower.

But he doesn't need to know that. Right?

David takes a seat in the recliner my mother bought me the day I moved in. "This is nice." David states simply. I nod once again.

"Some sort of Persian leather. You'd think if they were willing to buy a chair that's worth six grand then maybe they would have been more inclined to pay for a better apartment." His jaw drops and then he bursts into laughter.

"Jesus H Christ! Six grand?! I guarantee Joe didn't approve that." I nod once again.

Here comes the whiplash.

"Oh, guess what!" David shouts. I sit down on the couch across from him and purse my lips.

"What?" He does that creepy grin thing again.

"You have a super cute neighbor! Or at least from what I could tell. He had his hood up and the light in the hallway is almost nonexistent but he totally had awesome bone structure! Light eyes, cute lips. Total babe." David spews with a smile the entire time.

See.. David has always had a problem with trying to set me up with random people for years and usually it's been his straight friends but now it's reached a new low.

Strangers. Nice.

I chuckle.

"Sure. I'll worry about that as soon as I can actually speak to the guy. Anyways, I made pasta. You want some?" Thankfully David drops it and follows me into the kitchen.

----
AYEEEE SECOND CHAPTER DONE. Whatcha think? 😊