Chapter 13

****CAMERONS POV***

I waited and waited and waited until 3:00 oh my god how was I going to tell her? It was going to break her heart into a million pieces.

I was pacing the floor when I heard a knock at the doer followed by the doorbell. I took a deep breath and plastered a smile on my face. I took a deep breath. It's now or never.

I placed my shaking hand on the doorknob and opened the door. "Leah!" I said with a smile and gave her a quick hug.

"Hey Cam!" She hugged back. I grabbed her wrist, gently of course, and pulled her over to the couch and sat her down next to me. "Cam, what's wrong?" She turned towards me.

I looked down and then back up to her. She put her hand on my thigh. "You can tell me," she said softly and I pulled out my phone.

I unlocked it and went to 'my photos' to tap the picture I had taken earlier. I took a bother deep breath and looked into her deep brown eyes.

"Leah, Lucas is c-cheating on you," I didn't break eye contact and I saw tears forming in her eyes. I hated when she cried. "I saw them earlier today in between two houses, I took this picture just incase you didn't believe me," I showed her the picture and tears began rolling down her cheeks.

She shook her head. "N-no, he couldn't he wouldn't!" She looked at me and I nodded. She began to cry more and shake her head. Then she flung herself onto me as she cried and I held her in my lap, gently swaying.

I stroked her hair and gently rubbed her back as she sobbed into my shoulder. "Shh, shhh it's okay...I'm sorry, I'm sorry," I whispered. "I'm sorry," I whispered again.

We sat there for a long time as she cried and as I held her. Even though I felt so terrible that he did that to her, I couldn't help but think it was for a good reason. For the reason that we did belong together.

Leah stayed at my house that night and slept on the touch with her head on my lap.

I woke up before her and shook her lightly. "Leah," I whispered softly. There was mascara and makeup staining her cheeks, she was still beautiful though.

"Leah," I whispered again and her eyelashes fluttered open. I flashed her a sweet/sympathetic smile. "How ya doing?" She sniffled a little. "Alright," she sat up.

I ran my fingers through my hair and did that awkward thing where you take a breath to say so etching but don't. I eventually did spit it out. "Um did you want me to do something about..." I stopped there because I think she knew what I was gonna say.

She shook her head. "No, it's okay," I saw a tear fall down her cheek and she got up.

"I'm gonna get going, um can I come by later?" I nodded. "Of course," she smiled. "Thanks Cam, for everything," then she walked out the door.