Chapter 6

****CAMERONS POV****

Finally, the day at Magcon had ended and now I could go home and see Leah. I smiled to myself at the thought of her wavy brown hair and deep brown eyes. Her smile that lit up the whole room. I drove home as fast as I could. I just couldn't wait to see her again.

When I got back to my house, I fumbled with the key, trying to unlock the door. I was nervous. Shaking actually. Why? I don't know. Anyways, after 30 seconds of trying to open the door, I got in.

"Leah!" I called out to her. "I'm ba-" My breath got caught in my throat. The chairs were tipped over along with the table. A knot was forming in my stomach and I felt sick.

"L-Leah?" I choked out. There was no sign of her anywhere. I ran through the whole house calling her name, checking in closets, bathrooms. Nothing.

I was crying now. The tears were spilling out of my eyes. I didn't try to stop them, I just let it out. The thought occurred to me that I could never again see that smile. That sweet, sweet smile. I was still crying. I sat on my bed balled up in my blankets. I had already called 911 and they were working on the case right now.

I checked the clock. It was 2:45a.m. I hadn't slept and I didn't plan on it. About 3 hours later I got a call. I answered it right away.

"Uh Mr. Dallas?" A man was on the other line.

"Yes?"

"This is the police office, we have found Leah Ostlund."

I sighed of relief and it felt like the weight of the whole world was lifted off my back. Leah was safe. I was smiling really really wide. "Oh thank you sir! I-I'll be right there."

I looked like a homeless man, but I didn't care. I drove as fast as I could down to the station and ran inside to the desk. "Leah, Leah Ostlund," I was out of breath.

They told me to wait as they brought her out. I paced back and forth running my fingers through my messy hair. All these thoughts were for,in in my head.

Why did I care so much? I have only known her for a day, yet it had felt like a whole year. As I turned on my heels I saw her standing in the door way. I swallowed the lump in my throat and she ran towards me. I embraced her in a tight hug. My hands stroking her hair and I could feel her tears on my neck. I just stood there, holding her for what felt like an eternity. "Shh shh it's okay, I'm here now, shhh."

I pulled away, only to see that her face was scratched up and a bit bruised. I didn't ask about anything because I knew that would cause her to cry even more.

"C-Cameron," she whispered and put her head on my chest. I began stroking her hair again. She kept crying but I didn't care. She was here and that's all that mattered.

I helped her into my car and we drove to my house. I carried her inside because she had fallen asleep on the way home. Carefully, I laid her down on my bed and pulled the covers up to her chest. I gently kissed every single marking on her face. It was a shame that someone would so that to such a beautiful, innocent girl. As I started to get up to go down to the couch I heard her stir.

"Cameron?" She whimpered. "Hmm?" I said looking at her.

"Will you stay w-with me?" Her eyes were sad and I brushed some hair out of her face. I nodded. "Of course," I maneuvered myself under the covers with her and she scooted close to me. Her arms were wrapped around me and her face facing mine. I rubbed small circles with my thumb on her hip. Her eyelids slowly began to close and eventually, she was asleep. I gradually fell asleep after she did. Slowly, and then all at once.